"For He Himself knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are but dust."
When I was in college my friend Leslie would make us laugh by saying we were all "but(t) dust".
Today I've had one of those moments when I feel so cruddy and frustrated with myself. With life and with this carnal flesh of mine that seems to always give in to self, pride and ugliness. So when I heard the song that's playing here on my blog today it brought me to tears. No matter how much I beat myself up and feel defeated. Or question how He could really love me, it's good to be reminded that His mercies are new every morning.

"He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Just as a father has compassion on his children,
Just as a father has compassion on his children,
So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.
For He Himself knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are but dust.
As for man, his days are like grass;
As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
When the wind has passed over it, it is no more,
And its place acknowledges it no longer.
But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him,
But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
To those who keep His covenant
To those who keep His covenant
And remember His precepts to do them.
The LORD has established His throne in the heavens,
The LORD has established His throne in the heavens,
And His sovereignty rules over all.
Psalm 103:10-19
8 comments:
ahhhh, i love this song. thanks for the reminder.
AMEN! Love the new look!
This song speaks to me everytime I hear it. Why is it so hard for me to grasp His grace. My head understands the concept, but those lies still creep into my heart and I find myself stuck in wrong thinking at times. We just need to keep going back to His Word, as that is TRUTH. Love you, Linda. And, might I say- love the new look!
I've never heard this song. Thank you for sharing it along with your thoughts. Satan is the accuser and certainly is good at it. I have to remind myself quite often of a lesson Beth Moore taught in "Believing God" from Ephesians 1:3-7. I am blessed, chosen, adopted, loved, redeemed forgiven, and accepted. I am who God says I am.
So when I get really down on myself, I need to remember who God says I am and not who Satan tells me I am.
God Bless!
the title "but dust" made me laugh out loud before I even read the rest at 4:30 in the morning ... *shhhh!*
hang on to the truth, Linda <3
:) Linda F
Love the look and the song!
I think your priceless friend!
Gods grace is the only way any one of us will ever doing anything right or noble in this life. We cannot do it in ourselves even though we do keep trying right?
We are born in sin - but we don't have to stay their! Thank God for his marvelous GRACE!
We had a speaker talk about being "but" dust and I wrote on my name tag on my folder "butt dust". That was just last week. Weird.
Post a Comment