
Did I stress you out? Hope not!
1. Did you believe in Santa Claus?
2. What color lights are on your tree?
3. Do you decorate outside and if so, how?
4. What is your favorite holiday treat?
5. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day....when do you open gifts?

1. I did indeed believe in old St. Nick and have many memories of exciting Christmas Eves!
2. We do white lights. No sparkles, blinks or frills...just beautiful white.
3. It's fun to move into a new area and scope out what all the other neighbors do to decorate their yard. We put up red bulbs that border our roof and hang white icicle lights below them. That's it, we are simple folk!
4. I come from a wonderful line of candy-lovin' women! So I have walked in my grandmother's and mother's footsteps by making the traditional homemade caramels each Christmas. For me, nothing compares to them! They are decadent and my thighs will tell you that it is fortunate we only make them once a year!
5. My Hubster's family has always opened their gifts Christmas Eve, mine on Christmas morn, so that made it easy for us to celebrate and still be home Christmas morning. Now that it's just our kids we open one on Christmas Eve (the not-so-sought-after annual pair of brand spankin' new PJ's -so they look decent for pictures Christmas morning-) and the rest on Christmas Day.
12 comments:
Technically, it's only Tuesday here in my neck of the woods still. BUT since I haven't played along on your blog for a while, I'm going to jump right in!
1.-Yes, I believed in Sants for years. I too have many memories of great Christmas Eves!
2.-bright white! (about 1600 of them this year...wowza!!)
3.-My husband prides himself in the 'exterior illumination' of our house. This year we added some wreaths to our front windows and some lit up snowflakes on our pathway. We do white outside too.
4.-I LOVE the dips my mom makes for Christmas afternoon for while we are opening gifts. Munching on dips like cucumber and shrimp dip (even though I HATE seafood...go figure) is my favorite treat! It's the only day all year that dips make a meal for me!
5.-Both...Christmas Eve at my in-laws, Christmas Day at my brother's house and my side of the family. YAY!
1. I believed until 1st grade when some kid spilled the beans
2. Tree lights are white at my house
3. We usually do the outside really simple...white and red lights and something cute hung on the porch. So far this year we have nothing outside.
4. Of course I love the sweet stuff but my favorite is prime rib on Christmas Eve.
5. We do it just like you. One gift (pjs) on Christmas Eve and a lot of times a family game too, then the rest on Christmas morning.
1) We never did Santa at our house as kids, and didn't with our kids either, but we had the kids pictures taken with him every year.
2) White lights
3) We have two small, lighted trees flanking our front door.
4) I make a fudge that is from a recipe of Bob's grandma - it's a tradition and it's so good!
5) We do our gifts on Christmas Eve.
YES, you did just stress me out since I have done NO shopping!!!
1. Yes! I have a great picture of me holding up the note Santa left us on a napkin...strangely it now looks like my dads handwriting! :)
2. multicolors
3. Since moving to AR, we don't decorate the house.....we live on a hill and it is quite dangerous to get on the roof. so just the porch!
we have a lit tree and presents that light up.
4. My great grandmothers pound cake and ambrosia.
5. Christmas day!!!
Yes, you stressed me...but I guess it is my fault because I just can't get my act together this year!
1. Yes, I believed in Santa. For a short period of time. When I was about 5, I went to my parents, asked who Santa really was, and they told me. However, I helped them keep the news from my little sister for years!
2. White lights
3. We do a small amount outside. Wreaths on all the windows and door and a lighted garland around the door, that's it!
4. Anything with lots of sugar and fat!
5. The kids open one gift on Christmas Eve, usually the obligatory PJ's. They also open gifts from my family that they won't get to see anyway. We do Santa and gifts from Mom and Dad and each other Christmas Day. On the day after Christmas, we do Tigerfan's sister, parents, grandmother. We like to drag out celebrations out as long as possible! On the 29th, we celebrate Tigercub's birthday and then we have 4 more in January starting with Tigerfan's Dad on Jan. 1
Sigh...My days are so confused right now. I forgot it was Wednesday. Oh, well. I can do it tomorrow, lol!!!
1. Maybe? My parents don't really know. They discovered when I was about 6 that I was lying, saying I believed in Santa, because I was afraid that if they realized I didn't believe, I wouldn't get any presents. Ha!
2. Um...funny story. No lights. For the past four Christmases, we've had a four-foot pre-lit white tree (tiny house), but this year I went and bought two four-foot LIVE trees -- love them!! However...yes, I had a "blonde" moment...I decorated the tree so prettily...and then remembered that live trees don't come with lights...
3. No lights, but I do have wreaths on the front and side doors and a little penguin in our flower garden (aka the weed garden).
4. ALL OF THEM.
5. Depends...I like to wait til Christmas Day because I enjoy the anticipation. But it really just depends on when the fam's around and whatnot.
1. Yes, I believe in Santa. Santa is the magic that lives in our heart that creates the joy of Christmas.
2. multi colored or white depends on my mood of the year (we have both).
3. My hubby puts a giant wreath outside our bedroom window, and a smaller one on the front door.
4. Cookies, and lots of them.
5. Christmas Day, although my son (14 yrs old) has informed me that he has been invited to his G.F's. for the morning, deep-deep heavy sigh, maybe we will start Christmas eve this year. :-)
huh? what? there's no such thing as santa! ha! yes, i believed in him when i was younger.
colored lights.
we just put a thing of garland on the porch and there are some lights on two little trees. nothing fancy
i don't think i can just pick one. which is the problem and why i gain about 7 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas...... i love all the homemade goodies {candies} oh, and the Christmas oreo cookies.
Christmas day.
and we open up pjs on Christmas Eve too!! haha! and for the same reason.
and i joined in on my blog too ;)
I believed until I was 6.
We have colored lights. Josh would prefer they were flashing and singing. But I draw the line at colored.
We have candy canes outside that light up and Snoopy and Woodstock on top of Snoopy's doghouse with a bright light shining on "Merry Christmas". I love it.
Favorite holiday treat? As in one? Only one?!?! Man, I have no answer. Sugar. That's my answer.
This Christmas Eve will be the first time the girls get to open something-matching jammies and then we'll finish the rest on Christmas day!
mmm, I remember your mentioning those caramels before...
1. I believed in Santa until around the age of 8? Maybe a little younger. After that, we still had fun pretending. We pretend here as well, every one has figured it out except Little M.
2. What color lights are on your tree? I had them all white, but the kids voted for colored last year...we haven't put it up this year yet, but I imagine we'll let them decide instead. No decorator worthy tree around here- kid friendly and homemade all the way.
3. Do you decorate outside and if so, how? Ahem***I***hung the lights this year- very proud of myself. Again, the kids vetoed the all white so I bought colored- they are not my fave as I like the old style colored- red, blue, green, and yellow. This one has yellow, orange, bluish purple, and green. I could do without the orange and purple, but they were already up and the kids like them.
4. What is your favorite holiday treat? Nanaimo bars, brie with garlic and red pepper jelly on top- with crusty baguette to eat it with!
5. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day....when do you open gifts?
pj's on Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas morning.
1. Yes, until about age 6 or 7 and I caught my Mom setting out some of the toys "Santa" got me by the tree.
2. We don't have a big tree this year. We are actually going to be moving in a few months and honestly, I'm a little bah humbug this year. We did start a new thing this year, which will hopefully become a tradition, and started a Jesse tree. Which is basically an advent tree with a different ornament and scripture reading you do each day. And we did put a string of lights on it, which are colored:)
3. Usually, but not this year.
4. Divinity my grandma makes. Although she hasn't been able to make it in quite a few years...I still remember it and it is the best!
5. Our little family, on Christmas day, with extended family it is usually about a week before.
Post a Comment