Turporken...It's What's For Dinner!

There's been quite the chatter in this house about the Christmas meal. With 2 rapidly growing boys, I am only seeing a glimpse of what the future holds with an emptied out pantry and fridge! So back to the meal. Ham, that's usually what we have for dinner on Christmas Day. But this year there is a stirring request for a Turporken. (I apologize for the disturbing photo, but it gets my point across.)



I have seriously NEVER in my life heard of such a thing! If it ain't bad enough we stuff the poor turkey with bread crumbs and seasoning, now people shove 2 other meats inside. Turporken is chicken inside a ham inside a turkey. There's also turducken, which by the name you can guess what's inside!

What you may not know about me is that I could very easily be a vegetarian. Or a junkfoodatarian to be honest. The men in this house KNOW that when we sit down to eat they are never to EVER ask...."What part of the animal is this" or give any reference to the fact that we are eating some sort of animal? I struggle enough with eating scrambled eggs.



Now I know God created all these lovely animals and I am not some diehard activist who is ready to boycott beef. My oldest child is quickly becoming a carnivore (as one BK Whopper is soon to be not enough). My father-in-law is a cattle rancher and I know he'd shake his head in disgust if he knew this about me. But it is what it is. I have a feeling if there is going to be any Turporken in this house during the holidays...it won't be on my plate!



Pass the christmas cookies, pies and goodies thank you very much!


xmas2

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Um, that picture made me throw up a lil in my mouth.

Nast. Pure nast.

Elizabeth said...

HILARIOUS! We took a turducken to TX for Thanksgiving, our first time to try it. Everyone loved it but me! I'll take my usual turkey any day:)

Love your Christmas music!

Elizabeth said...

HILARIOUS! We took a turducken to TX for Thanksgiving, our first time to try it. Everyone loved it but me! I'll take my usual turkey any day:)

Love your Christmas music!

Darla said...

i'm with you...that's disgusting. i am not a huge meat person. just a little will do me fine, but please pass the bread. yum.

One More Equals Four said...

Junkfoodatarian! That's what I want to be! Maybe we could start a fad!

SLMW8MAN said...

That can not be good for you!!!! Americans are crazy. Three types of meat for one meal? GLUTTON is what they should call it instead.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh. my. goodness. That's something!

Rachelle said...

A animal stuffed with another animal just freaks me out... and I'm a meat lover! Shew...