Trusting HIM with HIS Gift

I can remember Sunday evening sitting on the floor after my son fell and looking into his eyes, I could feel that fear sneaking in again. The what ifs can sure devour me sometimes. This week has been another one of those growing times as a mom when I am forced to re-evaluate my trust level with the Lord. It's awful to see my boys sick and even more so to know there is something broken inside that I cannot do anything about. Fortunately for us, his bone will heal and life will eventually go back to normal.



Not long ago I wrote a similar post about my struggle with trusting God with my kids. In it I shared about my blog friend Melanie and her incredible faith. So many people have been praying for her family as her 12 year old son, Andrew has been battling brain cancer. Tuesday this precious boy went to Heaven. Please join me in praying for her family. These kids are truly a gift from a God that loves them more than we ever can!


xmas2

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers are with you and your family. Life is so precious. We only have our children "on loan" from our heavenly Father, don't we.

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness girl! I JUST read the post about AJ's broken leg! Craziness! So sorry to hear about your friend's son too. Life is just so hard sometimes. Praise God that HE is in control.

Lynn said...

um...I meant collar bone.

SLMW8MAN said...

So sad when a little one struggles with life or death issues. Know that God is good and his ways are best. Contentment.

One More Equals Four said...

Praying for the family. We had friends that lost their grown son this week in a car accident. I cannot even imagine the pain of saying goodbye to your own child. But, oh how greatful I am for the promise of eternal life in our Father! It is the only way I know you could ever get through such a thing!

Jamie said...

I'm praying together with you. I can't even begin to imagine...

Halfmoon Girl said...

Reading her post puts my life into PERSPECTIVE. What a reminder of how I can sometimes make the little things the big things, and that God needs me to be willing to give it all up...even my loved ones. I have been experiencing that to some extent, but nothing close to Melanie's experience.

Sande said...

Over a year ago, my son had broncholitis with a chaser of whooping cough. He would choke up to five times a day. Each time, adreniline and cortisol would pump into my body. Short term this is good. Long term ...... not so!

What could have stopped this fear reaction? What was I fearing?

I didn't trust God with the outcome regardless of what it was. Some would feel this just a mothers heart but I can see it was more. I was trying to control my world, my circumstances, my God.

Hard lesson. But amazing fruit. Have I got it totally. NO. But I have a better awareness of Who's kids they are and Who loves them more and Who can look after them better than I, and Who to trust with a peaceful calm.