I’ve done it, I’ve become my father. Yesterday I boldly announced that from now on if I find dirty socks lying around that I will start a collection. THEN they won’t have any clean socks to wear to school. Brilliant, right? PFF. Why oh why do I make threats like that?
Sometimes my spelling and grammar is so horrible it makes me wanna quit writing. It's embarrassing to be this old and still make mistakes!
After posting that photo yesterday (with my boys' permission mind you), I'm realizing we are at the age that I probably shouldn't be posting stuff like that anymore. My children will be scarred for life if I'm not careful!
If I’m losing some of the hair on my head now, does that mean when I’m older I’ll stop getting chin hairs?
Sometimes I talk about the weather so much I feel like I sound like someone who has nothing else exciting going on.
It is hard to get mad at this naughty dog who shouldn't be on the furniture when he does this:

My birthday is in a couple weeks. My mother in law flies in for her visit on my birthday.
I am at a loss in planning my AJ’s 9th birthday party. He really needs this not just to nurture his new friendships, but to feel celebrated this far away from family. So far my grand ideas are flopping. It's a good thing he's not picky!
Sometimes I worry about my boys’ perception of who God is. I don’t want them to believe like I did growing up….”just cause my parents did and it was the obedient thing to do”. I want so desperately for them to know God for themselves. I don’t always do the best job displaying who He is. I pray they see past me!
I know God is making me into His masterpiece, but some days I feel like my own hands are covered in paint and the canvas is a mess!
I don’t know who to believe about H1N1 anymore. And why did they name it H1N1? Does swine flu sound undignified or something? Who cares what you call it…no one wants it!
I’m working on creating a list of 40 things to do before I turn 40. So far “planting something and keeping it alive and donating blood" does not sound particularly exciting! It’s hard to think about making goals in life. For me it is anyways.
Pay day is in 2 more days. It is humbling to see all the diet coke in my fridge but not one carton of milk anywhere! That would have never happened when there were bottles and sippy cups in my sink! WATER! Water is good to drink for kids, right?
Ramble over...
Happy TUESDAY!
11 comments:
A few of your rambles matched some of my feelings this morning, friend!
If I was you, I'd pop open a can of that of diet coke and join that doggie on the couch for a few minutes. Sounds like a great mid-morning treat! :-)
Happy Tuesday!
I am SO hearing you on the carton of milk. I'm also right there with you on will my kids SEE God or just go along because I say so. And what am I modeling.
lovemercy lovemercy lovemercy (chanting) I would like to thank the veggitales for that one...
AH, birthday parties. Yep, last year we only had a family one, because we took teh kids to Mall of America. Nina to the American Girl doll store adn Nick got to do "guy" stuff out there. We couldn't afford to do that AND kid parties. I was thinking hey, can I throw their parties NOW so they can have a halloween themed party? and then I don't get slammed so hard at Christmas time? Rob said "Why don't you just have a halloween party, that way people don't feel obligated to bring gifts."
To which I said "THE whole POINT of having a birthday party now is to cut one thing out at christmas time. if it's NOT a birthday party that means it's just a party and that's one more party I don't NEED to be having." Sheesh man. Now they'll be thinking great we have halloween parties AND birthday parties!
No no we don't.
Oh, and sounding like your dad is one thing, I DID like my mother...the other day I had been asking the kids to clean up the movies down stairs. The floor was littered with VHS and DVD's and stepped on cases...so I kept saying, "I'm going to put them away for good if they are not cleaned up? Trash litters floors and I throw trash away." two days went by and the movies still littered the floor, just in different spots. So I packed them all up and threw them all away. YES I DID! They are not allowed to touch the movies left in the cabinet and they need to ASK before watching them now. Nick cried, he'll really dry when he realizes all the Wiggles movies are gone. But I'm tired of sounding like a broken record and cleaning up after them. Somethings got to give. Chirstmas is coming and they want more "stuff" and all I can think is, you already HAVE enough stuff that you don't put away.
DO I win the bad mom of the day award or what?
I started a sock collection. Kids still didn't pick up socks....I looked like the bad mom who sends her kids to school with no socks. The only fun that came out of it was watching the boys put a HUGE pile of socks away after they were all washed. They thought putting a couple of pairs away each week was horrible until they were forced to put a months worth in their drawers! :) I really thought going to school minus socks would have done something! Ugh!
From what I heard H1N1 keeps the pork people from protesting! Swine flu = decreased pork sales. That won't keep me from eating bacon! They could call it the bacon flu and I would STILL be eating way to much of it!
Feeling your fridge pain... out of juice, barely any milk... water has been our forced choice too!
Keep on keepin on and have a great Tuesday!
When's your b-day? Mine's the 25th!
Hmmm...(re your mother-in-law part). My in-laws rarely remember my birthday. ;)
Your rambles are fun! Bad news on the hair. It keeps thinning and more appears on the chin. It's God's way of showing his sense of humor!
What is a blog for if you can't dump your brain
Lois, that is my son's birthday and mine is the next week! however, my MIL is not coming.
I can hear my parents being channeled through me too! Keep your 40 list really easy so you have a great sense of accomplishment when you mark every thing off- eat chocolate, yell at someone today, mutter at someone who cuts me off in traffic, smile at someone today, get up, go to bed, hug someone...stuff like that. :)
I like rambling posts...
If I had to choose between having diet coke or milk in my fridge, I would pick diet coke...it is a sad truth.
ramble on friend, it makes us all feel better!
I loved the ramble - and I think Diet Coke in the frige is a divine thing. My mom has major misgivings about the vaccine - gave me that "sermon" last time I saw her. So, we'll just have to see at this point.
Hope your toothache is gone!
Post a Comment