Well I'm ready for it to be! This has been such an off week for me. I've sat down to blog and nothing comes out.
I've had the blues this week. The rain hasn't helped either, but...I'm winning!
October is always a month of mixed feelings for me. Perhaps because it's chalked full of birthdays and on the flip side it's also a month that I remember my mom passing away. Either way, it's a month of highs and lows. It's interesting how this time of year always surprises me. No matter how much time goes by, somehow your body kicks in to remind you of your loss. It's all perspective, right?
October is always a month of mixed feelings for me. Perhaps because it's chalked full of birthdays and on the flip side it's also a month that I remember my mom passing away. Either way, it's a month of highs and lows. It's interesting how this time of year always surprises me. No matter how much time goes by, somehow your body kicks in to remind you of your loss. It's all perspective, right?
So, seeing it is Thursday and should be my THANKFUL Thursday, here are 3 reasons I need to count my blessings more:
I spoke with my stepmom the other day. My dad is still struggling a lot with his health but his counts are down (which apparently means no cancer activity *whoop whoop*!). He's also able to keep working like he loves to and they are hanging in there.
My boys seem to do better and better as the weeks go by. I noticed today that AJ's happy singing is back. He has this little deal where he will sing or whistle a song over and over and over and over and...well til we ask him if he knows another tune! Last year we heard "Jingle Bells" way into springtime. But to me it is a sign of a happy boy with a happy heart. I've missed it and I'm grateful he is feeling more and more content here. D-Man asked me about the list last night. I'm not ready to bring it out quite yet. He may want to add more to it and "a grumpy mommy" might be one of them!
Our family is heading to a farm this weekend. We have a big event planned for Monday with the Kids group and although the threat of rain might cancel it, we are taking a trip to scope it out and enjoy the fall festivities anyways. Bring on the pumpkins...it's time to carve up the season.

14 comments:
Praying you will be warmed with memories of Her, more than her loss. Praising Him for the promise you will meet again. SO glad to hear the music is back... my motto is Turn It Up!
How do you carve your pumpkins? Geometrical jack o' lanterns or trace and cut print outs? Miss You!
Blessings, C~
Hmmm, you think about loss and I think about pagents. I'm right there with ya chicky. AND today was the first time I've seen the sun in a six days, plus they are talking snow this weekend. Nothing big mind you...but SNOW. ARGH. Can't they just make a happy pill that tastes like chocolate and last three months and has NO side effects other then make others around you happy just from the chocolate smell of your breath when you breathe your love on them??
If you heard that popping, don't worry it was only my dream bubble bursting!
I'm ready for Friday myself. We are almost there!
So glad to hear about your dad and his progress. Please keep us updated!
And that pic at the bottom is hilarious!
I'm praying for you and hoping you get some beautiful sunny blue skies your way!
I always find your blog to be so encouraging and funny and I love your honesty. Thanks for being you!
Hope it is a great weekend for you and your family!!
that's so great about your dad!
awww that's so sweet he has a song in his heart again!! Glad that the boys are adjusting to the move.
I have those same feelings hit me the month of my Mom's passing.
Glad to hear the boys are adjusting.
What a huge leaf!
HOping you feel better soon! Glad your dad is doing alright and that AJ is singing again. I love to hear the carefree singing of my kiddos!
Love the picture, too cute!
It's been 39 years since I laid my folks to rest; you never forget them and it is good to think of them at that special time. Then you focus on your family that you do have yet and rejoice. Your boys are so special. Glad to hear the singing!
Sorry you have been blue lately. I know for me the rain wouldn't help at all. I'm ready for the week to be over too. Praying you have a good rest of the week and an enjoyable weekend!
Unfortunately, with the lows, there are no highs .... only flat.
We can always take something precious out of a 'blue' day/week/month .... {cringes}. And awesome times four if it is a hightened, big picture.
Have a great farm time. Lots of simple things and heaps of family time
Ah Linda, I remember you chronicling this last year. It's a season when so many people are saying, "I love this time of year", and yet you have this loss that must ache each time that is said.
Your words of thankfulness are huge, though. I hope that Friday and maybe a gleam of sunshine helps your week completely turn around.....
Your music always makes me cry!!!! I love you, Linda. Just wanted you to know that. Hope you have an awesome time this weekend. It is our Thanksgiving here, so I plan to be digging into some pumpkin pie!
So glad for you on all your thankful thoughts!
Post a Comment