10 thoughts on a Tuesday

Just some random thoughts at a random moment because I'm feeling random!

1. You know you have an AWESOME friend when you can pig out on a big ol' burger & onion rings in front of them and not feel timid about it!

2. My dad...my poor dad. Last word was that the poor guy has diabetes now. That's what tends to happen when you only have %20 of your pancreas. I just wish he could catch a break and not have to bother with insulin shots, etc. Thanks for continuing to pray for my rad dad.

3. I never thought 84 degrees would be considered "cool". Brr, I just might have to open the box of sweatshirts already. NOT!

4. It's amazing how tired a little person can be when its time to get up for school and how quickly that cranky mood changes (if but for a brief moment) when the announcement is made that today's lunch will include a homemade chocolate chip cookie!

5. My sister arrives in 16 days, 25 minutes and 49 seconds!!!

6. RABBITS!!!

7. I almost had a new job. It ended up being a scam. I wondered why they were asking "What bank I bank at?". Dirty rotten internet jerks.

8. It is obviously time for a hair cut when 6 out of the 7 days I'm wearing a pony tail.

9. We have THE funniest lizards on our back porch that scurry around all day long....at least the ones our devil cat hasn't murdered.

10. 2nd week into school and I'm still hearing "Umm, Mom, my teacher said I need _____" ...school supplies that were NOT on the list! sheesh.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so fun that your sister is coming to visit! Woo hoo!

Internet scams suck.

And you're okay with lizards? I guess they ARE better than spiders. And at least they are outside.

I love your random brain. =)

Sarah said...

Had to go read the Rabbits post. Hilarious!!

Going to tell Josh about that one. Just one more thing to compete with him about! Sweet!

Mari said...

I love the new look! Hooray for you sister coming, Boo on the internet scam!

StephieAnne said...

Sorry to hear about your dad - while it is not as alarming as everything else - still, just one more thing. Aack.

Okay, bummer that 84 is considered cool, although that is a rather ideal summer temp here (and probably where we are at today). As for me (and especially given some summer weight gain) - definitely looking forward to the sweatshirts!

Love ya, girl - have fun looking forward to your sis!

WILLOW TREE said...

I cheer up real quick for homemade cookies too! Praying for your dad, so glad your sis is coming down. Don't knock the pony tail, it's all I ever do, lol! Well, when the kids are here anyway!

Blessings,
Carolynn

Heather of the EO said...

School supplies. I keep hearing about how much more kids need now. I guess we should start setting aside money for that. Ugh...

and a scam? I'm sorry, lady. That stinks.

and I think you just spoke of lizards a bit too positively. :)

Shelby-Grace said...

Love the Rabbits post! I always hear about fire ants in Texas. Don't think I'd like to deal with them, but funny lizards I think I could handle!

Sorry to hear about your dad and your job. I'll be praying for you and for him.

Have a great week in your "cooler" weather:)

Anonymous said...

yay! a visit from your sister...what fun! and here it is about 65 and that is cool to us, but comfortable. 84 is still H.O.T. to me...but then again when you come from 100's that is pretty cool. my hubby is in Dallas this week...by you? i was just wonderin'! and my hair needs to be cut when i have it up in a clip all the time! love hair cuts!

Michelle said...

the never ending school supplies list. i've heard the same thing around here. i remember when all you needed were a couple notebooks, folders, pencils & a trapper keeper. lol