
I'm getting there
....on coming up with the catchy name that is. Seems like the week goes by faster when I post these! And I love it when you answer, so THANKS! It's been fun getting to know you better.
1. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone? (If you have one)
2. What is your all time favorite comedy movie?
3. What languages can you speak?
4. Do you have a nickname? If so, elaborate on this one!
27 comments:
I'll go first for once!
1. a photo of my boys
2. dumb and dumber...mock*yeah*ing*yeah*bird!
3. english, teeny bit of espanol & pig latin.
4. lou lou (my sis calls me that sometimes)
1. a goofy picture of my daughter making googly-eyes. I love it! She put it on there herself.
2. wedding crashers (I hate to admit it), but it is so funny
3.english and I taught my son pig latin the other day. I know the numbers, days, weeks, months, etc. and my body parts in spanish
4.My aunts call me Lizzie and a few people call me Liz or Beth. Funny-my best friends are Liz and Beth and no one calls them Elizabeth
1. no wallpaper. Maybe I need to learn about my phone a little more.
2. What About Bob? Maybe hits a little too close to home.
3. English, quite well. Hindi/Urdu, enough to get by. Swahili, not too much. Polish, enough to say hello and poop. Sign language, spelling and saying Shut-up you ugly poop head.
4. Les and More. Les is short for Leslie and More because my Grandpa didn't want me to feel like I was less.
1. A photo of the ocean that I took on a trip to Newport RI
2. Wild Hogs makes me laugh everytime I watch it
3. English. I have picked up a little French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, and Sign along the way, not much, but enough to help a little one adjust to a classroom
4. Growing up my nickname was "Super Pooper" I don't know why my sisters called me that, and truthfully so did my mother and uncle.
1) No wallpaper
2) I can't come up with one - I'm terrible at remembering movies!
3) I speak english well :) I took Latin in High School but only remember a few words!
4) My Hubby calls me "Bethie" sometimes. All my friends and family call me Mari. My real name is Maribeth.
So you want me to post the answers here??
1. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone? It's a picture of The Professor I snapped while he was playing a video game. He looks very serious and thoughtful - which is how he normally looks. Except when he smiles.
2. What is your all time favorite comedy movie? I. Don't. Have. One. Is that a bad thing?? I have too many good movies that I really like. Abbott and Costello! Bob Hope and Bing Crosby! -- But if I had to choose just one I'd have to choose "That Thing You Do".
3. What languages can you speak?
Sign language, puns and a bit of sarcasm. :-) Sarcasm is a language - Facebook told me so. and puns are only appreciated by other pun lovers, so it's a language too. :-)
4. Do you have a nickname? If so, elaborate on this one! -- okay. My family calls me Lefty. It started about the time we started paintballing. We almost went tournament -- and then I got married. I told them I wanted a nick name -- and they offered me 'rambo'. And then -- I started wearing a brace on my right hand for tendonitis..and the nickname Lefty was born. Which is ironic because I am SERIOSLY right handed!!!
1. No wallpaper on iPhones...there is a pic that shows up when it's asleep
2. I love comedies, but not one favorite comes to mind. If I had to choose...Super Bad comes to mind, also Forgetting Sarah Marshall....both are inappropriate though.
3. English and some Spanglish :)
4. My nickname is Coat and there really is no good explanation other than it kinda sounds like Kodi and it caught on in High School.
1. a cutie patootie picture of my girl
2. Happy Gilmore
3. English, some Spanish, and baby talk
4. none worth mentioning. ;o)
Funsies!!!
1. A picture of my pup wrapped in a blanket
2. This is SO hard for me to do. Probably Talledaga Nights (yes, I go for dumb comedy) or Sweet Home Alabama...I dunno...I mainly do comedy sitcoms.
3. English and no hablo espanol bien.
4. SEVERAL. My dad and many family relatives call me Penny, which was my nickname based on my middle name growing up. Superman called me Ju in college, but everybody thought it was "Jew" and that I was Jewish and that he might be making fun of me, so that one got canned, lol!
1. Blast! I don't have a cell phone, yet. But oh I will and it'll be a picture of flip flops!!!
2. Oh man, I think I might have to go with Tommy Boy. "Doesn't hurt right here, not here so much, but right here!" Seriously, I cry tears of laughter every time.
3. I'm fluent in English. I can tell you my name and how old I am and that I love you in German. I should know Spanish since all the billboards and any announcements in Wal Mart in my town are in Spanish... I can also speak "OP" a fun way of speaking without others knowing what you're saying...usually. Learned it in high school at church camp.
4. Husband calls me Sarie. BFF calls me Blanche (Golden Girls). Sisters call me Sarah Diane because they went to daycare with a Sarah Diane and they teased me that that was my name. 20 years later, they still call me that. My mom calls me Wee and I don't really know why.
I SO look forward to Wednesdays because of your fun post!!!
1) I have a boost phone...I rarely use the darn thing. But on my computer is a picture of Rob and the Kids from our Vaca up north.
2) Favorite comedy movie...I loved Over the Hedge. Hammy the squirel, "I love the cookie." Dumb and dumber was good too.
3)English. I took two semesters of French.
4)I sware I've already told you this...patunia from mother and muppet from the bullys at jr. high.
#1 pic of puppy w/the words, "I love you." My youngest son put it on there.
#2 The original black/white version of The Out Of Towners.
#3 I teach Spanish and used to teach French. So...those two although I have forgotten a lot of French from lack of practice.
#4 "Dr. Mel"
1. Cell phone wallpaper: picture of my youngest son
2. Comedy Movie: This is a hard one. I love comedies and it is hard to single one out. I tend to watch Seinfeld and Corner Gas (canadian comedy) over and over and always laugh!
3. Languages: English and limited french. I'll have to learn more, two of my boys are in French Immersion.
4. As a baby I was booboo, not sure why. My dad called me bones for years, I was quite skinny as a kid. Now it is just Harmony but I have one friend who calls me Harmy.
1. A purple iris flower - I'm very seasonal, so I change it depending on the time of year (and it is a very simple phone, so no pics).
2. I'm sure it will come to me later, but right now I'm struggling - I like "Elf" a lot - listening to Brayden laugh so much makes me laugh too.
3. English and 4 years of high school Spanish
4. Stephie
1. N/A
2. "Waiting for Guffman"
3. English and a little French
4. "Lid." Because I mistype my name, "Linda" all the time as "Lidna."
1. a picture of a fire we had in our town a couple years back??? my son put it there. lol.
2. Dumb and Dumber of course!
3. English and some Spanish
4. Gertrude, my seventh grade coach called me that and it just stuck with my classmates, i'm not sure why she came up with that! i would love to ask her but don't know where she is now. ??
1. No wallpaper...I just have one of those cheapy Go Phones.
2. Oooh, tough one! Zoolander is SOOO stupid but it makes me laugh so hard. I also love love love Fools Rush In but not sure it qualifies as a comedy.
3. A smidge of Spanish - my hubby is fluent, and that is all my father-in-law speaks, so I have had to learn a little be default, in addition to what I took in school.
4. Hmmm...no real nickname...
1. A single rose
2. Everybody Loves Raymond.
3. This is so sad, but all I know is English. I now about 5 words in Spanish and about the same in French.
4. Nae (you know the sound that a horse makes) It started in grade school with at light brown jacket with fuzz around the hood. Kids can be sooooo cruel.
Opps . . sorry I forgot to leave my email. prshirk@ptd.net
this is bringing me a much needed distraction!
1. picture of my son and I holding hands...just our hands
2. I am so bad at remembering movies and honestly can't bring one up right now...but I did recently like Failure to Launch
3. English. I was once fluent in Spanish but not using it for 20+ years seems to diminish that. I also spoke some Portuguese at one point...I minored in languages in college.
5. no nickname...just Sara.
1. none
2. The Jerk (Steve Martin)
3. English
4. not really..brothers call me Sis
1. None
2. Saving Silverman
3. English
4. Jo, Joey, JoJo
Hey friend! How are things going with you? I am preparing for a conference next week and have been MIA. I hope to catch up soon.
Hugs!
1. I have no wallpaper on my phone anymore, but it used to be me and R.
2. Hmmm....I can't think of one.
3. I can speak English, Chinese :), and Spanish (in that order)
4. I think the only nickname is the shortening of my name to "leesh" or "leesha" by my parents and brothers.
1. a picture of the beach- I took it earlier this month while visiting my sister
2. comedy is my favorite- too many to pick from.
3. mostly just plain ole English. I did take 2 years of French but cant remember much of it
4. Oh boy- nicknames. I have a few. In high school I was called Chester (due to my large chest)
Chuck used to call me Becky (which no one else ever did) but now he just says "What's up 'B'"
My brother's friend called me Chumly (it stuck for many years)
1. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone? my youngest nephew- I don't get to see him much, so last time I took a pic.
2. What is your all time favorite comedy movie? sheesh, this is hard- Napolean Dynamite was really funny, The Gods Must Be Crazy was one of my faves as a kid and still funny... I have favourite parts in a lot of different movies.
3. What languages can you speak? I can really only speak English, though we are supposed to know French as well in Canada. I never have to use it though.
4. Do you have a nickname? Jungle as in Jungle Jane, Red, Sexy (ok, I just made that one up)
it's technically Thursday...can i still play???? okay, i will anyway!
1-Owen's pic...although he dropped it at the Dr. office the other day and it is in shambles. time for a new one, oh darn (i've been naggin hubby for a new one for a while now!) thanks, owen!
2-i LOVE National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...so stupid but funny!
3-english (of course!) and i spent 6 weeks in Mexico for a spanish class...i can understand it better than speak it. hubby and i are going to by Rosetta Stone though and i'm going to learn it again with him. : )
4-my hubby calls me 'telly'. nothing too complicated here...my neice couldn't pronounce her 'k' sounds so she always called me that and it has just stuck. : )
1. i have a cheapo phone. no wall paper for me. but if i ever get that blackberry i want i'll be putting
a pic of the kids up =P
2. i have a couple but the one i remember laughing the hardest at was drop dead fred.
3. i can barely speak english. does pig latin count?
4. chelle by all the nieces and nephews
kinda late on this one! ooppss so i just did it over here this week.
hope ya have a great weekend!
Post a Comment