I figured I'd do a post on what I could be blogging about. Like the fact that I just took a big swig of Diet Coke and now have uncontrollable hiccups that make it hard to type! See, that's important info wouldn't you say?
Well, the most important info is on my dad. He was able to go home from the hospital yesterday. He has a drain tube still hooked up but at least he's back in his own bed. We are all ready for the road to the REAL recovery to start again and succeed. Can I get a whoo hoo!!
My husband's BFF (not what he calls 'em) left late last night. It was a wonderful visit. I laugh at myself at how I had the whole scrambled egg thing going on the first morning he was here and then by the end of the visit the cereal boxes and pop tarts were on display. They hadn't seen each other in almost 10 years so there were a lot of late night gabbin' w/ some sorta shoot 'em up, Claude Von what'shisname movie mixed in now and then. And they say we girls talk a lot!!I could blog about how this sweetie gave me this award:

And if you can't read spanish, it says...
"Linda is the nicest, prettiest, most wonderful, loving, kind, awesome possum, way cool, hilarious friend EVAH". I know...a few words on the award can say all that!
I've seen this award before. In fact, I've received it before! (I'm still grateful Tiffany!!) See, I'm that wonderful. Oh I hope you've read my blog long enough to know I'm only kidding here.
But really, who makes these awards? I wanna know. I think I'm going to make my own up and hand it out. That'd be a GREAT post. Watch for it!
And to keep myself humble, I looked in the mirror today and felt the horror...B.A.G.S
Big ones.
Under my eyes.It's like I went to bed and woke up old.
Very upsetting I tell ya!
And kinda creepy of me to post them on here.
Then there is this sweet blog friend who gave me the letter "S" for a meme that's going around. How nice of her not to give me X or Z! Here's your comment topic for today...what is your favorite thing that starts with the letter S?
And lastly, this:
Yep. Delurking week. Well, I've seen this one around for awhile so I know it's not the official week anymore, but still time to bring up the topic!
My definition? Delurking: Reading about my crazy wonderful life and not saying Hi.
I won't go into how I can "see" you on here reading my blog. Or how crazy I get, wondering who is so & so from such & such city. All I'll say is, please say "Hi". It's nice to know who is aware of my strange but magnificent life.Phew. I'm worn out. How's that for a post on being in a blog fog? Pff.
Have a great week everyone!
23 comments:
I was born with the under-eye bags, so I feel ya girl. And nature does this really nice thing to me and when I don't get enough sleep or rest, she packs the bags for me! Lovely, huh?
De-lurking official. I never commented before I had a blog of my own, cause I thought that would just be silly!
Nice post, I enjoyed the mix of topics. I go to bed and wake up older every morning. It's ramping up with each day.
The circles under my eyes have not gone away in the ten months since my baby was born, and she sleeps all night! I'm blaming my age, and I'm only 31:(
I'm drinking a DC now, but no hiccups. I never get them.
Rachel is one of my "best" friends, as far as blog friends anyway. Nice to meet you, and I'm glad I finally commented!
Hi! I'm here - not lurking! You are on my Google reader and I visit every time you put a post up. I love you - even with bags under your eyes!
Yeah, it's me! sometimes I lurk...sometimes I come back a reread, incase I forgot something.
I'm not sure what I'd forgot, but it's nice to double check.
I am totally in a blog fog. Soooo not in the mood to talk. I'm not mad or anything, I'm just, as you said burnt out. I don't feel like I have anything worthy to say at the moment so I say nothing. (I'm talking about my own posting here, not talking to you...because I could talk NON-stop with you!)
I'm in a tough week, or 10 days. It is carnival time here in MN. Howie's BIG time of year. I woke up this morning, went to read my newspaper and guess who was on the front page, big ole picture?
Yep, my Dad. Howie. I don't even want to go into how awful that was and how I just want to cry.
So I've got nothing to say while this heart hurts.
SHH, don't tell anyone...I don't want 'em to think I'm a baby.
Love you!
When are we gonna take a picture like that with You and ME holding your dogs??? :)
Oh how I love you. I love Ingrid Michaelson too.
And I'm in a total blog funk, and I've noticed the trend too.
And WOW, have I aged.
And you are too funny with saying what that Spanish award was. What a hoot. that's totally what it says though :)
You can count me in as one of those that have been in a blog funk as well lately.
And as for the letter 's'...sunshine! I love it and have been seriously missing it lately. It has been very grey here for awhile.
I recently ordered a makeup set that had "pooch shadow" and I thought, What the heck is that? I'm sure I'm not old enough to need that. Turns out it's for that little pad of fat on my upper eyelid (which I do, indeed have). Ugh. Reminds of the T.S. Eliot poem I had to memorize in high school which said in part, "I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear my pantcuffs rolled."
Favorite S word? How about Saved.
Oh yeah, and Whoo Hoo for your daddy!
I have felt the blog fog lately, too! Helps me not feel so guilty for not blogging nearly as much as I'd like to lately. Thanks for pointing it out. I almost felt the need to write it about it also...maybe I still will. : )
Glad to hear your dad is home in his own bed! That's gotta feel good!
Congrats on the award...you deserve every itty ounce of it! And your own award...how lovely that would be!
Oh...I almost forgot...an 's' word...hmmmmmmm...I'm going to go with Savior! NOT salmon!!!!!
I will absolutely give your dad's progress a Wahoo!!! I have noticed the same bloggy burnout around too. Hope it passes for us all soon. Favourite thing with s... well, thought of one I am too shy to say, so, how about this one: shore scavenging.
i love how honest you were here, i totally know how it feels to wake up and feel old overnight. its been 3 years and i've waken up feeling like that everyday! darn. i just hate it. and the scrambled eggs to poptarts, totally something i would do...lol. have a great week!
i'm still here...lazy at commenting many times though.
glad your dad is home!
burn out! yes, know all about it! who woulda thought you could get a little tired of blogging!!
So glad that your dad was able to come home!!!
Totally understand the blog "funk" thing...I've been in one for about a year now! :) Here's hoping I'll have something to say soon! Let's see, my favorite thing that starts with s...sleep, it's what I've been missing most lately!
Glad your daddy is home and hope his recovery goes better. Still praying for ya'll!
I'm here - and loving your random thoughts today. Sometimes I wonder how these "other" bloggers have so much to blog about. Makes me feel like my life is boring :-/
Gald to hear that your dad is finally home. I'll keep praying for a full recovery.
I don't think my blog funk is just regarding my blog - I have said, "It's January" in response to so many people asking, "Are you alright?". I definitely go into my own little world this time of year and "sharing" is just not something that comes willingly right now.
But fun post! And so great to hear about your dad!!!
If you have bags under your eyes, then so do I, and I'm 25!
Hi - I'm here. Sometimes I don't have anything to say. Sorry.
My two favorite people start with S - my daughter and my hubby. So S is one of my favorite letters.
Happy Monday! :-)
No lurker here. I'm always good for a comment and my 2 cents worth, sometimes even 3 cents.
I'm past the bags stage. Now I'm in the "that wrinkle wasn't there yesterday" stage. It's worse!
What bugs me is peeps who blog but don't come over to say hi to me :(
Favorite thing that starts with S. Hmm...SUMMER!!! =)
Oh, the bags under the eyes...yes, every morning I wake up, look in the mirror and am saddened that once again I look like I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every danged branch on the way down. I can't wait to get to Heaven and have perfect non-drooping eyes. And boobs...
Eggs, shmeggs. Pop-tarts all the way! Way to go you for letting your true colors shine through!
And I'm totally stoked for your daddy! Yay!
Happy Monday!
GIIRRLLLSSS! Do I have the cure for those saggy eyes! It is a precise balance of philosophy's dark shadows and hope in a tube cream. Yep, I look 23 again, well ok, 33.(Linda, don't you dare post any pics!)
Linda!!!!!!!!! I've been in a blog fog!! Didn't post for over a week and didn't read a single other blog in that time!! What's wrong with me???? Do you have the cure???
:)
Bloggy burn out...yep...that's me! I just can't seem to get my groove back. So glad to read your Dad is getting better!
Post a Comment