Well He may not come when you want Him
But He’ll be there right on time
He’s an on time God, yes He is!
If you are one of my Oklahoma peeps you'll surely hear this old song playing in your head! The church we served in there had this sweet couple who would sing duets on Sunday mornings that always got your toe a tappin'! And I especially loved it when they sang this song...*He's an on time God*.
Tonight I had one of those moments with my son. The one that as a mom, your heart breaks, your mind frantically searches for the right thought and your mouth drops open hoping what comes out is the right stuff.
Ahh life. Struggles, expectations, disappointments and lessons. I connected with my son tonight on what was aching his heart. How different you want something to be when it's not. How we don't understand why things are a certain way when it has made us so miserable and discouraged.
I shared my best with my son tonight about my own thoughts and struggles. I encouraged him the best I knew how. And I hugged him. We both needed that!
Before bed it was time to do his reading for school. He crawled up with me attempting to read a new book he found in the school library. It failed to grab our attention and we decided to read something else.
He grabbed a book nearby and began reading. "Because I Love You" is the title. Its about a man named Shaddai who loved his children so very, very much. The jist of the book is how he loved his kids enough that he gave them opportunity to choose. To choose him or to choose their own way. I'll letcha read it to find out the whole story.
I've been around enough to know that if I crawl through that hole to see if that side of the wall is better....well it isn't. But I suppose I'm just wishing for something better. I'm unsatisfied with where He has me.
So as I wanna shout that song "He's an on time God" out loud tonight...enough so I can hear myself saying it....well maybe it will get through to my head that still waiting is what He wants me to do. And trying to make things the way I want them to be is only the path to everything He does NOT have planned for me.
Well I know one thing, He may not be on my time but I'm sure glad He's on His! Because between the two...His timing is the best! I've seen it before and I know it in my heart.
13 comments:
Amen! What a great post. It is so hard as a mom when our children's hearts are breaking. It is so comforting to know that we have a God who will guide us during those times!! And even more comforting to know, really know in my heart, that His time is so much better than mine!!
praying for you today!
I don't know where to begin. (tearing up, of course as I think about that couple). I'm at this same point today and wonder what is going on.
Our house has a laundry shoot and when I need laundry sent down, I holler up "Send it on down!" which of course brings us to another song..."Lord, let the Holy Ghost come on dowwwwnnnnn"
I often thought it was harder on me, than my kids when things didn't go well in their lives. As a Mom you want to fix things and make everything all better. I had to remind myself that growth and wisdom comes from these trials, and that yes - God is watching over them, even when I would have done things differently. You know what? My youngest is 20 and I still struggle with that.
I've never heard the on time God song but I'm sure happy our God is on time!
This was such an inspiring post! =) You are so right! I am such an impatient person, and sometimes when I want something to happen NOW, it doesn't -- but it may later, when it's a better opportunity. And what's great is that when it does happen, it's at the perfect moment.
Are YOU talking to me? ARE you talking to me?
Are you talking to ME?
Yeah, I thought you might be, shoot, I hate when I'm wrong.
waiting stinks.
I need some patience huh?
You know where I can buy that in BULK???
Love the song, love the message. What a great post! Why is it that I KNOW God's timing is best and yet I still fight it? Have a great day!
God is always on time, our struggles teach us that. Doesn't God speak to us so much through our children? I'm so glad he does.
Wow.....I think this is one of those posts that speaks to you no matter "where" you are. I know it did me. My head has been sticking through that hole in the wall....wishing, wanting....something I know he doesn't have planned for me. Why are we so stubborn sometimes? He "is" an on time God....an "on HIS time" God and Thank God for that, cause we can sure mess things up! I love that song, that couple and you lady!!!!! (((hugs))) all the way from Oklahoma. :)
oh gosh, I am in tears reading this. Been watching someone I love struggle with life/death situation and there is nothing we can do but pray, love her tough, and trust. This song is so spoke to me and gave me encouragement. Sometimes that is all we have left- is the choice to just believe. Thank you Linda. We have the same book- I think it is a good one to bring out again for my oldest as she enters the time of teenagehood!
Man, oh, man...Linda, you warm my heart! What a great post! I think God was on time with you last night. That book reminded you of something stirring in your heart and He gently nudged you to let you know it and remind you of his never failing love!
I just love the way you express your heart. Thank you, lady.
I'm always needing to remind myself that His ways and His time is better than mine. Sometimes it is just tough! Thanks for sharing your heart with us.
such a sweet post!!!
Post a Comment