Ani, I love you.

Today is my lil pumpkin's birthday. One of his requests is to have our homemade caramels on his day. We have a family tradition of making these decadent caramels each Christmas. We give them out as gifts (if we don't eat them all first). These caramels are heavenly and take a long time to make. Then if the batch doesn't set up...well we just have to improvise and use spoons to scoop bites outta the pan.

For Ani to ask for caramels just makes me laugh and smile. Food is a wonderful tradition, especially on my mother's side of the family. We know how to get together and eat. Oh and enjoy each other's company as well, of course. So his request made me smile as I see the 'ol heritage being handed down to yet another generation.

Something about leaving 7 has been a turning point for this mama. I know I probably say that about every birthday these little boys have. But I've seen the most physical changes in this sweet little guy in the last year. Or maybe I'm finally sinking in to the idea that he's growing up.

All that said...here's a scrapbook I put together for my birfday boy. I love so many things about him!!!

Click to play

Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Have a wonderful treat-filled weekend!

19 comments:

O Fam said...

Hudson and I have already talked about Andrew today....been the 31st all day here already. We were thinking about him and telling a few fun stories. Hudson is going to email him later. Loved looking at all of the pics! Tell that sweet boy, Happy Birthday from the O Fam!!

Happy Mommy said...

Happy Birthday to your boy! Enjoy your caramels!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Ani! The scrapbook is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Linda! Loved looking at the pics, and you had to bring up the caramels! OMG! I miss them...uh, I mean you guys!!!!! LOL Give him some birthday hugs from Oklahoma!
Love you!

Mama2hre said...

I can so relate to leaving 7 behind. For some reason that was hard for me too. Now we are only 16 days away from Hayden (my oldest) turning 9. I freak out just thinking about it. He's gotten so tall! And now we're only 1 year away from the big 10! AHHH! Where does the time go?

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet guy!
Your little scrapbook is so cute! Loved it!

StephieAnne said...

Happy Birthday Ani!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your youngest man!

Beverly said...

Happy Birthday A! but let's get to the heart of the post. Those caramels. As soon as I saw the word my mouth started watering and my stomach growled!

Now that you're hundreds of miles away - can you pleeeeeeeeeeease share that recipe???? I'll take a vow of silence. Anything.

Or......you still have my mailing address,right????? haha

Anonymous said...

Happy BIRTH day to you, Linda! I love the last pic in the slide show of you carrying him on the beach. Sometimes when I pick up my "baby" (he's 8 too, and getting heavy!) and give him a hug I think that one of these times it's going to be the last time I do that, and I won't even know it. Enjoy making your pumpkin's day special! Love ya!

SoonerAggieMom said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY ANI!

Love the slideshow and the Happy Song too!

C'mon share the caramel recipe with us.

Poopsie said...

Happy Birthday, Ani!

What a great scrapbook, Linda. If your caramels are half as good, I would love the recipe. :)

Blessings today and always,
Cindy P :)

Mary Morrow said...

Happy Birthday Mister 7 year old!!! :) I can't believe how big you're getting!

I miss those homemade caramel candies that you guys used to pass out to us teachers :(.

Loved the pic that included my wee one in there :)... made my heart miss you even more just now.

Love you,
me

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Happy birthday sweet boy...8 years old, what a big boy!

...and can I just say that the last picture of you walking the beach with him in your arms is one of the most precious mommy pix I have ever seen.

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday! I love how he requests your special caramels...yum. Such good memories are made when they include great food.

The slideshow made me tear up...what a beautiful collection of pictures of such an awesome little guy. Enjoy every second of today!

Candyce said...

What a sweet video! Happy birthday Ani!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Great slideshow- you do the neatest computery type stuff! Happy Birthday to your boy- hope it was a great day for him!

Anonymous said...

What a "sweet" day!!

Thanks again for the award, I posted it last night!

Blessings, Whitney

Lynn said...

Such a sweet tribute to your sweet boy. Thanks for raising the kind of men I hope my daughter finds one day...