Ever have those moments when you are completely taken back by the realization of how much God loves you?
It's been awhile since I've been in our church service. I've missed that time surrounded by my church family as I belt out my best (yet feel like it's just me and God in the room)! So this morning I had my heart prepared for worship and my kleenex ready just in case. To have these feelings of sadness and loss is hard but to stand there in worship and feel the beginning of healing is amazing.
Four teenage girls did a dance performance to this song I have playing on here today. As I watched the beauty of their moves, I was in turn moved and overwhelmed at the words of this song.
It's been awhile since I've been in our church service. I've missed that time surrounded by my church family as I belt out my best (yet feel like it's just me and God in the room)! So this morning I had my heart prepared for worship and my kleenex ready just in case. To have these feelings of sadness and loss is hard but to stand there in worship and feel the beginning of healing is amazing.
Four teenage girls did a dance performance to this song I have playing on here today. As I watched the beauty of their moves, I was in turn moved and overwhelmed at the words of this song.
Oh how He loves us.
I sat there with my own daddy on my mind. This week it feels like life has slowed down just enough for me to process things more and remember those moments with him before He left.
How great your affections are for me.
I think back at how much my daddy loved me. He wasn't perfect, no earthly father is. He had his own way of showing his love for me. But I KNEW it. Without a doubt. My dad loved me. I realize not everyone has that blessing in their life, in knowing the love of a dad. But Oh how He loves us....and longs to show that love to all of us each and every day!
He is jealous for me.
He is jealous for my love and wants it whole heartily. Nothing else deserves that part of our relationship. I don't beat myself up but I humbly realized as I said goodbye to my dad that I didn't tell him enough what a great dad he was. He knows I love him. But so does God and he longs to hear it just as much.
He loves me as His daughter. What a beautiful picture He gives me today as I think about my own dad.
I am so grateful to have that gift of knowing I am loved.
I hope you know that you are too because...


11 comments:
I love that song.
I know what you mean about having kleenex ready when you join in worship and sing those songs, that can bring the tears. Those tears are good though.
I'm so glad you felt God's love today!
beautiful post, my friend. I too am grateful for the gift of knowing I am loved. And grateful that I have an earthly dad that has been a great example of love to me!
still praying for you as you heal and walk through this season.
This is something I have struggled with on and off for a long time. Probably because of not having a strong relationship with my earthly father. But I am working on it. I'm trying to remember that He loves me no matter what, and that His love is far greater than anything I have ever experienced!
I LOVE this song! What a beautiful reminder of the love our God has for us.
I read this week about jealousy and envy. We use it interchangeabley in our culture but really, envy is wanting what another has and jealousy is wanting to hold tight to what you have so no one else can take it. THAT is how God loves us! He holds on to us and WILL NOT let anyone snatch us out of His hands. How beautiful is that!
I cannot pretend to understand your sadness but I do know that God has you wrapped up in His arms holding you and desiring to be your comfort!
Love ya, girl...hope your week brings more healing!
That song is so true. And when we are hurting that love is what gets us thru. Praying still for you and your family. I don't know you, have never met you and yet I feel a bond between us as we share our love for our Lord. Hopefully everyone who reads your blog will feel this love and if they don't know it - they will want to find out more about it. May God bless your day.
That song has actually helped me to truly understand God's love for me, I love it. Praying comfort for you!
Sweet Linda, I am just catching up on all that you have been through over the last few weeks. Let me first say:
I am so sorry.
I can't imagine how you must be feeling, but I am so glad that our Father is meeting you right where you need Him to (of COURSE He is, right?).
I am praying for you, dear. Truly.
Woman, I NEEDED to hear this today.
I love DCB. LOVE their lyrics.
I have been struggling in the pit of "Why can't I be good ENOUGH?"
Can't I just be ENOUGH?
It is PAINful to grasp His love when I feel so very NOT enough.
Thank you for reminding me that I need to DANCE again. :)
beautiful... like you, my friend.
((((hug))))
I've been brought to tears today after reading your post - and I've read it a few times. Can't pin-point the source of the tears, but the words to this familiar song are strong & loud today. Thanks for your words my friend! ;-)
sweet sweet post!
love that song <3
Post a Comment