Peace and lovin'

I didn't realize how much time I spend on the computer til I'm away from it for awhile. I sure miss you girlies!

My visit back here in Oregon with my dad has been sweet. Bittersweet, but I'm soaking it all in. He actually looks pretty good and has had some good days of feeling okay. We took him in to the doctor and they've decided to give him treatments of the low dose chemo! He's doing that good. There's speculation that he may have had some sort of bad bug before and that is why things appeared to look unpredictable. My step mom canceled hospice for now and we are taking things day by day!

My dad has had cancer in his stomach, lymph node, pancreas and survived like the fighter he is. The cancer now has apparently spread to his liver, lungs and what is left of his pancreas....but you know what? We have TODAY!! Who knows what will happen tomorrow. The hopes are that this treatment will prolong my daddy's life longer and I am amazed at what God has done in just these past few days. What a blessing for me to be here and have this outcome play out before me. I came wondering if I would even be able to talk with my dad and we just had a sweet conversation just the 2 of us a little bit ago. He made me bawl in telling me what a great mother and wife I have become. And what a great kid I was. I love my dad. And I am so grateful I have had these moments.

This trip has sure made me contemplate my own relationships! I'm staying with my brother (the one I dogged on here a few posts ago) poor fella. He's a great brother and hopefully after this we will make it more of a priority to stay connected and close. I've seen relatives I haven't seen in over 20 years! I've watched my dad's sisters love on him and I can't help but think about my own bro thru that. Family...no matter how dysfunctional and messed up they can be, they are all you've got! I learned a lot with my siblings after saying goodbye to my mom together. They are incredible people and I am so blessed.

I've contemplated my own health through this trip as I realize more and more how destructive cancer has been in my family's history. An Aunt lost to breast cancer, Uncle to cancer, Grandma to stomach cancer, mom to lymphoma. It can be a scary thing when I lay it all out there and think about my own health. Not necessarily making me fearful but surely more conscious of taking care of my own health. I needed an awakening!

I've contemplated my words. I'm reading "Power of a Woman's Words" while I'm here and even in the dynamics of our family tree and visits with them I've seen how words can destroy or build. I want to be more of a builder in the future. I will be more of a builder in the future!

Nobody does this kind of situation perfectly so I have been so encouraged that our family gatherings have gone well for the most part. My bro, sis and I have rallied together like before and my step mom has been wonderful. She loves my dad more than anything and that has meant so much to me to see it first hand.

God has met me right here where I'm at in the most tender ways. An email, a verse of the day, just reading His word and most of all feeling unbelievably covered by so many prayers. So thank you!

I'm obviously taking things day by day. My plane ticket is changeable so that is nice not to worry about. I am just asking the Lord to give me direction on peace for my steps in the days and weeks to come! I miss my 3 amigos so much it hurts and although they are super troopers I know even after a few days it is wearing not to have the mother hen in the house! My Hubster is superdad/hubby by the way. He amazes me!

So things have been good dear bloggy friends. If the Lord has brought me to your mind and you have prayed for me and my family....I am incredibly grateful. Please keep it up!

Love,
Linda

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Praying that your Dad will respond to treatments. I'm glad you are having a time with your family. We are all "work in progress" as we live each day looking forward to our final day. Really, what day that will be!! Make the most of your stay.............God bless.
I too, have seen many loved ones leave this earth after having cancer. But I've also seem many of them get better and have a few more years here.

Darla said...

SSSOOOO glad to hear from you! and glad to hear things are going well...and that you had today, which really is all any of us have. i will continue to pray for your family...all of them. Love ya!

Mari said...

It's so good to hear from you. I'm glad your visit is going well and that your Dad is doing better. Praying for you and your family!

Poopsie said...

I am soo happy to hear that you have had the opportunity to share in a loving conversation with your dad. I can only imagine how wonderful that was for you.

I will keep on praying....

Anonymous said...

may all members of your family feel loved and at peace--now and in the days to come.

One More Equals Four said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering how things were going. I am so glad you got some good news!

We all have our "family issues" but I am so glad things have been going smoothly and you have had this time with them.

Enjoy the rest of your visit and thanks for not forgetting us here in bloggy land!

sara said...

oh, I am so glad to hear from you and read your post!!! take each moment there and make the most of it!! we are praying for you!!

Lynn said...

Thanks for the update. You're right...bittersweet.

SLMW8MAN said...

Good to hear the news. I agree that you are a great mom and wife. Love to you.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Glad to read an update- my computer wouldn't let me get on here yesterday.

God has been bringing you to mind lots...will continue praying. Happy that you have quality time with your dad and family.

Renee said...

Glad to hear from you & to receive an update. Prayers will continue to flow your way! ;)

SoonerAggieMom said...

I see God moving in your words. You are an awesome gal and I'm honored you're my friend. I am praying for you daily that you will be blessed in ways you never thought possible. Love you girl!

Skoots1moM said...

missing you...
thinking of you...
praying your time with your Daddy is golden :)