
I figure there are a lot of things to ask this month so I'll start with a few:
1. What is your all time favorite Christmas song (and why?)
2. Where will you be Christmas morning this year?
3. What is one thing on your list for Christmas?
1. Silent Night. It seems to be one of those songs we always sing last at church on Christmas Eve and it takes me back to years of memories. I remember how quiet it was when the song ended, how we'd put our jackets on and calmly head out (hoping it had snowed) and despite feeling peace and contentment, also feeling complete elation to what the next day brought!
2. Right here. As hard as it is to be away from grandparents, cousins, etc., I treasure these times alone with my cuties!
3. Warm, fuzzy socks!

11 comments:
I'm with you...trying to slow down and just enjoy the season!
1. O Holy Night
2.We will be home. For the first few Christmases of our married life, we tried the travelling to family stuff but it was just too hectic and stressful. I LOVE being home Christmas morning!
3. The "Cook Yourself Thin" cookbook! How pathetic we get when we get old!!! :)
Love your template! and those little doggies are SO cute!
1. Mary Did You Know....the first time i heard this song i was preggo with emily and i cried and cried.
2. here at the house.
3. lots of things ;) I've asked several times for To Kill a Mockingbird though
1. JOY TO THE WORLD - It seems like any "good version" of that song sung on an album can get me to tears faster than any other-
2. At home at our house first - and then on to my parents about 20 minutes away
3. Scooby Doo "The Beginning" on PS2 so I can escape with it while on vacation during Sunriver! =)
1)O Holy Night, followed very closely by All I want for Christmas, by Mariah Carey and The Magic of Christmas Day by Celine Dion. I can't choose, they are the first three on my ipod...
2)I will be at home, enjoying Santa's bounty with my two delightful children and my adorbable husband, smelling the butter-bread bread cooking in the oven, drinking steaming hot coffee with peppermint mocha creamer and listening to my ipod Christmas favorties playlist while the living fireplace plays on the DVD.
The children will shreak with delight over every new treasure they find in their stockings, the dog will merrily play with her new squeaky toy and Hubby and I will marvel over how blessed we are. And then we will fight over who gets to go first in Wii bowling!
3)I always say "I don't want anything special." Then while I'm out shopping I find things, every year I get a new velour sweatsuit. I LOVE them, my favorite Christmas day outfit. (We get gussied up Chirstmas Eve) So I pick one up and have Hubby wrap it, then I get an ornament or five...I guess I got what I really WANTED early, I am taking Butter to see Beauty and the Beast (broadway show) on December 23. I wanted to go but tickets were $100 a seat. NOWAY could we swing that. Then I got an email saying I could get seats for certain shows for $58( no extra fees) I begged, and pleaded and got my wish. So My gift is early this year, but OH so MAGICAL!!!
1. O Holy Night - it is so perwerful, followed closely by Little Drummer Boy, because it rocks.
2. At home!! That is my one rule about Christmas - I want to wake up in my own house.
3. A vacuum cleaner. Seriously. (I know, it's not right but times are tough.) :-)
Thanks for asking!
1. Oh Holy night but I love many many many Christmas songs!
2. At home in my bed:)
3. I seriously would like only to stay at home once again...
I haven't even thought of my "list" yet. Jas and I often just buy a big item together.
Oh BTW....I am glad to hear that you in true Texas for have chosen a country version of silent night:) You have acclaimated quite well:)
1) I love 'Oh Holy Night'. It's such a beautiful song, and it doesn't seem to be played as much as some of the other ones. I love most all Christmas music though!
2) I have to work every other Christmas, so I cherish the ones I have off. This year I will be home!
3) My son is in the army and spent last year in Korea. He was told he wouldn't get leave this year, and we already know that he will spend next year in Afghanistan. I kept hoping and praying that somehow, they would let his battalion have leave. About 3 weeks ago he called and said they get to come home! So - that's my Christmas wish come true!
Love your blog.
1. Joy to the World
2. worship service at church and then home with family.
3. First - peace on earth!
Second - a new alarm clock
It's a beautiful time of the year.
I totally agree...it's going way too fast. I love to just sit in the dark with just the lights from the tree after the kids are in bed and enjoy the moment.
1. We just read through a book today in the little one's homeschool about Christmas carols and their origins. There are SO many different songs! My favorite is Silent Night too. But I also really like Joy to the World.
2. At our house.
3. I got my gift early. New running shoes! They made my feet very happy:)
(And yep, that was puppy chow in my picture! It's one of our favorite snacks too!)
1. Mary did you know
2. Our house. I'm hosting my family this year. Wish me luck!
3. A NEW COMPUTER!! Guess what? Got an email yesterday letting me know that my computer is backordered - rrrrggggg!!
Post a Comment