Seven

I got taggeroo'd by my sweet friend at One More Equals Four! It's been awhile since I received an award and this one I gotta work for (hehehe). Thanks bloggy friend, it made me smile today!



Here's the jist of it...
I am suppose to write seven things you might not know about me.

Now how in the world am I going to do this one. I have blabbed so much about myself and my life on here, this might be a challenge. I'm going to dig back aways, so here we go:

1. I grew up in a beautiful 3 story house that my dad built! We moved in after it was framed/enclosed and we watched my dad put up dry wall and slowly transformed it into a masterpiece! I have incredibly wonderful memories of that awesome home. My room was on the 3rd floor and I had my own balcony. Talk about feeling like a princess!!


2. In high school and college I went on numerous missions trips to the Baja of Mexico. If I were not called into the ministry I have no doubt missions would have been high on the list.


3. I was a brownie! The only memory I have of it was making a seat. Which consisted of magazines piled on top of each other and then covered by material that was red & white checkered. Sounds really comfie, don't it?!


4. After giving birth to this cutie patootie, we had a little scare. AJ was home only 2 days and got an extremely high fever. D-Man was fiddling around with him in my lap and pulled his sock off. AJ's feet were purple. We rushed to the hospital and found out he had viral meningitis. We stayed in the hospital for 6 days. Not a fun time for either of us, but I am forever grateful it all turned out okay!


5. I was an extremely skinny/scrawny kid growing up. I didn't hit 100 on the scale until late in high school. After the freshman fifteen in college...it all went down hill from there.



6. I went to a Bible college. Barely graduating with an associates degree, I had the time of my life. As I grow older I have so many regrets that I didn't make more of an effort when I was there. I still have my class notes and plan to someday start back through them. Bible college was a special privilege I took too lightly but I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I was afforded such an opportunity!



7. I had warts when I was a kid. -No photo to go with this one!- There were several tiny ones on my right wrist and a yucky one in the middle of my middle finger. I wore a bandaid every day for PE when it was square dancing time. It was humiliating. My parents were kind enough to have them "frozen off" by the doctor. My parents loved me!!



Photobucket

12 comments:

linda in washougal said...

Those were the days. <3

Mari said...

Congrats on the award! I enjoyed reading about your memories.

One More Equals Four said...

Thanks for playing along! I loved reading about the "good ole days".

I was extrememly scrawny growing up. Boy would I like just a taste of that now!

sara said...

I was a brownie too and made one of those seats.....we called them "situpons"!!!

Harmony said...

Thanks for digging back aways! It was neat to learn more. I was in brownies for one year, I only remember learning to braid, exciting times! I was a scrawny kid, how quickly things can change! I went into highschool weighing 60lbs and came out weighing 135 and now? nevermind! I had warts as a kid too, it was embarassing. I had them on my wrists and got made fun of for it. I had to have them frozen off 10 times before they went away! I was about 6yrs. old then and I can still see the scars! I did do one course while my husband was in Bible College, it was fun. I have a feeling, one day, we'll be trying missions, one day.

Halfmoon Girl said...

I was never a scrawny kid. My husband tells me it is very tough to be overly skinny as a teen but I just look at him and say "waaah". :) I am sorry you had warts as a child, but at least they were able to be burned off- it is very hard to burn off freckles and buck teeth- I am sure I considered trying that a time or two... Here I am being all cheeky on your blog... I wanted to say that I love these posts where I get to learn new, random info on my friend!

Sara@iSass said...

Love the pictures! I was scrawny too!
I can't believe your dad built that house.What talent! That is amazing, That would be such great memories.

Darla said...

the recipe for the stuffed italian shells is at www.5dollardinners.com
it will be on the page somewhere, and you can also subscribe to the emailer. i love all of the old pictures, and i did learn alot about you! a brownie? wow, i have a new respect for you. i must say that you have great childhood pictures. i don't have too many good ones. i guess we was just too po!

Jamie said...

I tried to be a brownie too, but I didn't make it very long. Love all your pictures...fun post.

Heather of the EO said...

I loved learning these things about you. LOVE your hair in the college photo. (wink) You've always been so beautiful. Tis true.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to go back and look at our life. What a beautiful house you were privileged to grow up in.

Lynn said...

I love that you even provide pictures to go with your memories. That 80's hair is rocking!