Camera, Oh Camera!

I have had this black tool of wonders for years. It's losing it's focus (literally) and to be honest, it's just plain pitiful looking:




Because it's such a dinosaur beast, they do not make the part we need to keep the battery compartment closed. Therefore I have been walking around with it like this:

Black electric tape and a pony tail holder. Yep, I'm a genius!

So, when I got a chunk of change for my birthday I decided it was time to give this old thing a rest. I don't have near the moola for the real camera I want. And I am too impatient at the moment to save up my pennies forever. So I took my bday money and bought myself a Nikon Coolpix. No frills, no fancy stuff...but it does fit in my pocket by golly. I'm still fiddling with it to make sure I can live without while I wait for my dream come true camera. I simply cannot resist sharing this "Guide" that was in the box:



Did you notice that? NUMBER ONE..."Take the camera out of the box".
I'm not sure I can hold still to take a picture now cuz I'm laughing so hard!
I guess there are people out there who need that specific instructions?!

Photobucket

7 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

It is the same reason that there is a recommendation on the Preparation H tube that says "do not take orally" Someone did it and complained!!! Oy!

Happy picture taking!

Sara@iSass said...

Your camera reminds me of our car! Super glued parts, taped parts and yes we even have a ponytail bindered part! What we do with what we have to keep it working! ;)

Anonymous said...

Believe me there are those kind of people. My husband works in retail and he could tell you some stories. HaHa

Darla said...

who would have known with all of these wonderful pictures that you take, that you had a ponytail holder on your camera? lol. i'm so happy that you have a new one, can't wait to see what you can do with a new one!!!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Oh, you are jimmying things with tape- that makes almost makes you Canadian! Hope your new camera does the job- those directions are pretty hilarious- do you really think someone tried to take pictures with the camera still in the box??? I need a new camera- now that the Skipper is building a house for a couple in who don't live locally, he takes pics to document progress for them, so it is always at work with him. I miss having one- I use it more than I realize. We have some airmiles points that we are gonna use to get another one.

Mari said...

How exciting! You took great pictures before - can't wait to see what you do with this one!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new camera! I'm sure you will notice a huge difference in your pics and will have such fun with it! Did you get it out of the box yet??? They have to put that as number 1 because sometimes that truly can be a challenge if it's all boxed up like my son's toys are!