Boom Shaka Laka!

There's is one thing I love about this part of the US of A...THUNDERSTORMS.

They are big.

They are loud.

They are awwwwesome!

Last night's thunderstorm won "the longest running" award in my book. By the time it hit and the rain stopped it seemed like an hour.

I laid there in bed just waiting to hear the pitter patter of small feet between the booms and cracks! Suprisingly enough one set didn't arrive til near the end of the big display. I'm so grateful my boys aren't overly scared or upset about these spectacular acts of nature. And what a tender time to snuggle together and listen to one of the coolest things God has designed.

When there isn't the threat of getting struck by lightning, we have a blast playing in the rain for once:


The weekend calls for more big storms and I'm thankful to have a front row seat!

Have a boomin' weekend,

Photobucket

10 comments:

Mari said...

It's raining here as we speak, but no thunder or lightning. Perfect day to stay home and get some things done!

Michelle said...

i enjoy a good thunderstorm every once in a while. i love the sound of thunder and the high winds but i am scared to death of lightening!

Anonymous said...

I love the thunderstorms down here too. Something about being right on the Gulf - the walls start shaking! :)

RosyRose said...

raining here too...just the drizzly I wanna stay in bed kind of rain. I love me a good thunderstorm too. Especially under my metal porch roof!:)
Your such a great mama trouncin around in the rain with those little guys!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Your signature looks totally Canadian with the maple leaf there- like it! I love stormy weather too. Last night I had to go outside to check out a sudden hail shower. Enjoy, and don't swim while holding onto a metal rod.

Colored With Memories said...

i love how you constantly change up your blog...i envy your talent!

you are in the right state and part of that state for that matter for lots of big storms, so enjoy!

we had a doozy thursday night...i don't mind the thunder, but the high winds and hiding in the bathroom are not my fave. we lost HUGE limbs!

i've been meaning to add you to my blogroll for a while now...i'm going to take the time to do that today!

have a great weekend!

Colored With Memories said...

oh...and you should add a little "when the thunder rolls" by garth brooks!

Sara@iSass said...

I like rainstroms too, as long as there is no threat of tornados. :)

Lynn said...

I love thunderstorms. My husband *LOVES* thunderstorms!!! He stands at the window and looks like he's reliving a childhood memory every time. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

i, too, LOVE a good thunderstorm!!! living in the midwest, we get plenty! an hour long one, without the threat of a tornado, would be lovely! i'm having thunderstrom envy!