Week-at-a-glance (backwards)

Fridays are my Hubster's "Saturdays", so it's already the weekend for this sweet family. This has been one of those weeks I look back and *sigh* one of those "I am the luckiest mommy, wife, friend in the entire world" sighs.

We started the week out with some friends and a trip to Glow Golf. -Indoor miniature blacklight golf-. The kind where you are embarassed to look at the other person because your eyeballs look freaky and every speck of dandruff or fuzz can be see all over your shirt.


My new friend Tamera & I took our kiddos out to lunch afterwards and then spent the rest of the afternoon at her house hanging out. In a move like this...that first new friend is priceless. She has sincerely become a kindred buddy already!

Wednesday/Thursday we helped out in a VBS for a community that is impoverished. Although I really wonder if they would consider themselves that way. It's hard to believe there are places in this country where people have no electricity or running water...but it's out there. I will say that in 2 short days I absolutely fell in love with a couple little 3rd grade girls who I already miss and wished I could take home. It was a very special experience.

Wed./Thurs. nights have been moments I treasure deep in my big mama's heart. I had "date nights" with both my boys (separately). It was precious, memorable and so very needed. We've gone through a lot of change the past several months. With school a few weeks away, I really wanted to spend some time loving on them, getting them set for schools supplies, clothes, etc. and most importantly to spend time talking with them. It's no surprise I am once again reminded of what wonderful, beautiful, fun, kind-hearted, and loving little boys I have. But this date night thing is something I plan to do more of. They soaked it up just as much as I did.






Our weekend plans are still up in the air. There's talk of a trip to Galveston which we hope to take before things get back to crazy. But I have a feeling anywhere we land as a family the next couple of days will be wonderfully special. It has been all week!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you've had such a great week! One on one time with the kids is important and good for all of you!

Shelby-Grace said...

Those are awesome pictures of your with your boys!

Sounds like you had a great week. Have a wonderful weekend with your family:)

Darla said...

those pictures of you and the boys are great! makes me want to go hug my kiddos. sounds like a great week!

One More Equals Four said...

Sounds like a great week! I need to have a date night wiht my kiddos! They would love it!

Candyce said...

What a heart-warming post! I am so happy that you are so happy. Hugs to all of you.

SoonerAggieMom said...

Yippee for kindred buddy's! I can't wait to read about your lake trip today. I'm so jealous. In fact, I'm so jealous, I think I'll just go to the lake for a week! (see blog)

Have a mah-va-lous weekend girl and let's get together soon.

hugs!

Anonymous said...

You have THE cutest boys in the world (don't tell my SIL I said that, because technically my nephews are supposed to hold that title). :) Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Lynn said...

What a joyful post. Glad you had so many fun summer activities this week.

MelanieJoy said...

Sweet stuff! I'm so glad you've already connected with a new friend!Hope you have a great weekend!!

StephieAnne said...

It sounds like a great week - fulfilling in so many ways. I'm so happy for you......

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed the time you had with your boys. Time goes so fast. Soon they will be grown up and trying their wings. Enjoy.

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE your new layout!!!
Your boys are so sweet, what a special time with them, spending time individually is such a wonderful idea. Love the pictures!
So glad that you're making new friends, you're right about it being important.
Mwah!

Unknown said...

Was glow golf fun? I keep meaning to do that with Naji and Kaish! There are just so many things to do before school starts again!