Making most of the last few weeks

I'm trying not to look at my calendar much these days. With 3 weeks left and all that is going on...my head's spinning and my heart's-a-achin'. We had a great day yesterday joining another family after church for an adventure at the Houston Kids Museum. They have 2 boys the exact age of ours and she is on staff with the kids ministry. So needless to say we love hanging out with them.

With the "buy one ticket/get one free" dealie bob going on, the Museum was obviously at or beyond its occupant capacity. So for a mama who likes to have eyes on her babies at all times, I was a wreck. I tried very hard to relax a little, but with that many people bumping into me and the dreaded climbing tubes...I was just about having a cow. I was rubbing behinds with perfect strangers and didn't dare take the time to turn around and apologize. I'd see a mom with a baby on her hip, one in the stroller and another child running wild....and it would quickly remind me that I had it "easy"! But you couldn't help see the lost look in parents' eyes of what in the world were we thinking!

So, in efforts not to make a delightfully wonderful day with friends seem like a complaint...I'll say we had a blast. We parents had the most fun when it was break time for food at the cafe and we got a few minutes to catch our breath.




Hope your Monday has started off fabulous.
The sun is shining here and I'm still in my jammies, life is good!



Photobucket

12 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Still in my jammies too - and just a high of 90 today. Should be 78 by Friday - how about your weather? =)

Sara@iSass said...

yep yep yep, know where you are coming from my friend! I cringe every time I here: "We should go..." My mind starts tallying all the pros and cons and if the cons list is longer I'm like "AH, I don't think we should..."
I wish they had "CHILL PILLS". Glad you still could see the PROS of your day! :)

Anonymous said...

yep...still in my jammies too...and it's 2:30!!!! where has the day gone?

sounds like fun, but i totally get the nerve wracking part...i'm on edge at those sorts of places too, especially when they are overcrowded. and i only have ONE!

Mari said...

Sounds like fun - except for the crowds. Glad you are making friends already!

Penny said...

I wish I were in my jammies (but I'm going home in 30 mins and going to be in them!!!). Page 14 -- I wrote the article there!! =D I'm the newest columnist for Exemplify Online (they use my real name though, lol).

Colored With Memories said...

oooh...that would have been tough. i'm not one for big crowds!

how good my day is...is usually in proportion to how long i got to stay in my jammies!

Colored With Memories said...

oooh...that would have been tough. i'm not one for big crowds!

how good my day is...is usually in proportion to how long i got to stay in my jammies!

Shelby-Grace said...

Looks like fun, but I'm with you too. My eyes are on my little one at all times when we're out.

I'm not a stay-in-my-jammies kind of girl...I'm usually out of them early on, but there are a few occasions where they stay on past noon:)

Hope you have a great week! And I LOVE the sunflowers on your background. They are one of my favorite flowers!

MelanieJoy said...

Wish I were still in my jammies....but it felt so good to get up and go to work today. It was a good day. Hope you have a beautiful week my friend! I hope to get my post up tomorrow night with some photos of the new school.
Hugs!!

Jamie said...

I have a tough time with those big crowds too! My August is filling up way too fast...makes me sad.

One More Equals Four said...

Ugh, out of my jammies this morning at about 5:15 so I could torture myself with the 30 day shred---I think I should just get fat and happy!

I am with you with the crowds. I am, by nature, a homebody and I just HATE those places when it is wild...my poor kids probably miss out on way too much because I am a grump! Way to let go and let them have fun, you made great memories for them, even if it was a nightmare for you!

SLMW8MAN said...

all I've got to say is "Swine Flu". Hope you washed your hands or wore a mask.