Not quite on Target

I do not like my blog to be about whining or complaining (yeah, I should have thought of that earlier)...but sometimes a girl just has to vent and if anyone out there listens...well great!

I am no tree-hugger. Even if I came from Oregon. I try and recycle. I try to be conscious of my "trash". So today's little episode threw me for a loop....and into a hissy fit. I bought 2 things at Target. A card and a candy bar.

Miracle of all miracles, I did it. No big shopping cart full this time. So when I checked out, I thought I'd do my part in saving the earth. The cashier dude put my candy bar on the counter (cuz he obviously saw in my face that I needed chocolate right away?). Then he scanned my card and put it in a bag. Sheesh. I don't need a big ol' bag for that. So this "green girl" proudly handed it back to him and said I could do without using one today.




*Ridiculous rampage ahead*...The guy looked at me and said, "well now I can't use it again". I asked him if he was serious.

Cuz I thought how ridiculous it was. I didn't spit it in or anything.

Nope. He couldn't use it again because it wouldn't fit right back on his little plastic bag holder. He even went so far to tell me that I should have told him I didn't want it BEFORE he put my card in it.

Could not believe it.

So I tried, I really tried to be the good Christian girl who is always polite and kind and grabbed the dumb thing back. With my nostrils flared, eyes rolling, and a big ol' sigh on my lips, I tried not to stomp on my way out the door. All the way thinking about how he is so busted because little does he know...I HAVE A BLOG!

Yes, my blog has come to this. Me ranting and raving about dumb things that don't matter. But obviously this guy needs his 10 minute break and if I didn't need that chocolate so badly, I would have given it to him.

Next time I'm going to remember to bring my own bag for once. You know, so I don't encounter the plastic bag police again!

And if this is all I have to complain about now a days, well...I should be thankful!

13 comments:

Mari said...

Oh Brother!!! That is so ridiculous.
PS - I love, love, love the new header!

sara said...

oh my....I really didn't think there was a guy out there that didn't know NOT to mess with a girl who is in Target and only buying chocolate.....seriously.

Monica said...

I've heard it all. Unbelieveable!

One More Equals Four said...

Men! They just don't know when to keep their mouths shut sometimes!

Sara@iSass said...

I have now heard everything...couldn't reuse the bag! GOOD Grief was he a charlie brown!
How was the reeses?

Penny said...

HAHA!! Next time someone does that to you, just glare and say, "You should know that I have a blog." hehe

Shelby-Grace said...

I often try to avoid the check out lines that have guys doing the checking out...mostly because I think they are slower than the ladies! But that's just crazy that he would say that. I think he was in need of nice loooooong break!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

I keep my reusable bags in my purse and before I even put my stuff on the register...I get my bags out...oh and I don't think my own bags are the check-out peoples favorite, (cause they don't have a place to put them) but I don't care. I try to help them pack up...but golly, for a single card...Dude get a clue! All he had to do was ask you before he put it in a sack...it would have been very simple.

Don't worry about venting to all of us...sometimes you just have to get it out...and we will always love ya, venting or not!

Sorry to ramble...I'm good at that you know!

Tiffany said...

LOL I would have put it back on the bin thing for him, either that or on his head.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

What a punk.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that something much bigger was bothering him at that moment. I worked in retail at the checkout and I had no trouble putting a plastic bag back on the hanger. Next time give him a big smile and say "hope you're feeling better today!" Treat with kindness, it works every time.

Anonymous said...

That IS ridiculous. Jeez.

Rebekah said...

well that is ridiculous that he couldnt use the bag again. People are so used to "disposable" these days, they just dont practically