...except for the time I'll need to wipe the tears away while I watch.
On to some fun to distract my thoughts....
1. Do you drive over or under the speed limit?2. What is your most embarassing moment of all time?
3. Are you an OCD Ophelia, Surface-only Sandy or Lazy Linda when it comes to cleaning?
1. Over more than under shamefully! If it's under it's because I'm deep in thought and not paying attention to my driving.
2. We had some friends over and while we were in the living room having a good chat their toddler little girl had some fun in my bedroom. Low and behold she found my underwear drawer. Yep...she came out wearing one on her HEAD. And who does she walk to as I am frozen in humiliation? Her dad.
3. There's no coincidence for using my own name in the "Lazy" category but I will give myself a little bit of credit and say I'm a surface cleaner at heart.
21 comments:
I'm sorry you're hurting because of the move. It's never easy, but there is always something waiting for you there you'd never find staying put.
I only drive as fast as I can afford. Speeding tickets never make the budget these days.
When I was in Jr. High I went back to a (very) small town I had lived in and heard from a friend they were getting a Subway. I've always been a big dreamer because the first thing I said is, "Really? I want to ride it!" Um, yeah. Subway. Home of the $5 foot long. 20 years later I STILL have not lived that down.
I'm an OCD Ophelia. Remember all my problems with the works??
Blessings, Carolynn
i drive around the speed limit
most embarassing moment, i was showing off for a boy in jr. high, and i walked across the car wash parking lot with my crutches that i thought were cool, and they hit the wet pavement and out they slid as i hit face first on the pavement right in front of him.
i would say i am a surface cleaner and get ocd only a few times a year if even that.
1. Yikes, I drive too fast. I haven't had a ticket in four years though!
2. I'll never tell. Trust me, it's awful.
3. OCD, I'm afraid. I can be lacy (like lately), but when I decide it's time to clean I get totally obsessed!
1) I'm often over - not by much, but still over!
2) I was at a friends wedding. There was a big open staircase in the entry and my knee gave out. You can picture the rest! Yes, I fell down the stairs. I didn't hurt anything but my pride and made a big spectacle of myself!
3) My house looks good, but don't look too close!
I'll be praying for your family as you go through the next few days. It's a bittersweet time.
1. mostly "around" the speed limit!!
2. I know I have a TON but at the moment can not think of ONE...I will blame it on the fact I have only had one cup of coffee...
3. Surface Sara is my name!
1. Usually the speed limit
2. Going up to someone at church and telling her congratulations- only to find out she wasn't pregnant.
3. Surface Sara
1. Set the cruise at 74 on my way to your house.
2. hmmmmm sure you could think of one for me.
2. Could I be anymore OCD?
You don't help in slowing the tears any when you put such lovely music on your blog.....:)
1. Only about 3 miles over the limit.....
2. When I was a sophomore in college, I worked on a painting work crew for the school district during the summer with some (what I perceived) really cool people. At the end of the summer, one of them got married, so it was my chance to dress up and impress. They all encouraged me to have some champagne at the wedding, but I refused when they came around. Eventually, I caved and went to get some myself - only to discover I'd taken one of the bride/groom toasting glasses! We hastily tried to dump the champagne among everyone else and clean it out......ahhhh! (Taught me not to cave to peer pressure!)
3. Surface-only Sandy, for sure
1. About 3 miles over. Sometimes more.
2. 8th Grade- My two best friends were gone for the day. A particularly clueless boy asked if I had ketchup on the back of my skirt. It was NOT ketchup. I hid in the bathroom until everyone went back into classes and then went to the teacher who was in charge of dress code violations. She got me a differant skirt to wear home.
3. Surface-only Sandy - I don't like clutter but dirt that is out of sight I don't mind.
*Sniff* Don't be sad about the move. You're coming to the South, yea! =)
*Sniffsniff* I forgot today was WYAW!!! Grrr...Maybe I'll do WYAT, haha!
1. I drive exactly 5 miles over the speed limit. I think it keeps me from getting pulled over (the $600 ticket incident from last year does not count. That was rigged.).
2. There are SO MANY...I'll go with the time I was in college. I dressed so cute in a blue skirt and shirt...It rained. I went through the wind tunnel (big buildings perfectly positioned to let wind flow at breakneck speeds)...and WOOSH! My skirt flew up in the air -- IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY WHO WAS CHANGING CLASSES AT THE TIME -- and everyone saw my unflattering white panties. FABULOUS. (Heck, though, at least I wasn't wearing a thong, though, huh?)
3. Surface only Sandy. Without a doubt. I like hiding things in closets.
Sorry you are sad. Just keep reminding yourself about all the amazing things God is going to do in your new place!
1. Can I plead the fifth? I drive WAY too fast. It's a by-product of living in New Orleans. If you are going 10 miles over the speed limit you are getting passed by the cops. :)
2. I have too many to list so I'll just tell one. In high school I was at a basketball game with my BFF and a guy I really liked and my BFF told a joke so I kinda laughed through my nose and blew a huge snot bubble out of my nose. I was mortified.
3. OCD. I'm so OCD i get distracted on stuff like baseboards when there are dishes piled up in the sink.
1. More so in my pre-kids life.
2. I was about 12 or 13 when "Aunt Flow" showed up while I was in a Rainbow Girls initiation wearing a formal dress. I had to stay at my station, then walk around the room in front of a room full of people while trying to hide the back of my dress! Being a young teenager can be such a nightmare!
3. I am a former OCD Ophelia, and she still shows up now and then, but since having kids and finding more important ways to spend my time, Surface-only Sandy is present more often than not. I can't relax if my house is not clean. An unfortunate personality issue for me.
* I have enjoyed following your blog for quite some time, but usually keep up with you and your family by standing in the front yard! Now that the reality of your leaving our little cul-de-sac is setting in, I am so delighted I will be able to check in with you on your blog after you begin the next chapter of your life in Texas! We are sure going to miss our little rays-of-sunshine!
1. I speed. I admit it.
2. There are just so many. One of them just makes me sick to think about because it wasn't funny, so I'll just skip that long story.
A funny one was when I got my braces stuck to a couch and needed to be cut off with a scissors. It was late and I was babysitting sleeping kids. I fell asleep on the couch and had to be removed by the parents when they got home. Yup, I should blog that...
3. I'm a bit OCD about cleaning, but it doesn't happen like I'd like it to these days...partly due to no time and partly due to being a little more of a Lazy Linda :)
I ALWAYS love your questions. However today I have been slapped hard in the face that I was totally out of control in my 22 year. TWO of these questions are in that time period. Must have been all the freedom I got in my 19th year.
1) I had 3 speeding tickets in one year on the verge of loosing my licence. Scared me straight. It was very very expensive. Since then I go the speed limit but often must check my speed the car has a mind of it's own, you barly touch the pedal and you are speeding. I did get out of a ticket once for having my bible on the front seat next to me. He asked where I was going in such a hurry? I told him Bible study. (I really WAS, it was my day for treats and I was L.A.T.E.) He let me go with a warning!
2)This would be the time I was running for Miss South St. Paul. I was up againest a bunch of high school gals, thought I, the mature 22 year old, had it "locked up". I was awarded Miss Congeniality, you know the girl all the other girls vote for cause she's so nice? The gal I thought was my toughest competion won Princess, so I was all poised ready for when they announce me queen...The called out the girl next to me and I gave this very loud "WHAT!?!?!?!" She was jumping up and down and screaming, hugging onto me, I through her arms off and pushed her out to the middle of the stage where she lost her balance and fell. Yes, I did laugh. NICE. Later that evening, I was going around thanking the girls for voting for me and as I approached one girl she looked me dead in the face and said "I didn't vote for YOU." again NICE. And lets just throw this one in for good measure...thinking I was the queen of karaoke that entire summer long! Good grief I was mental that year!(please forgive my spelling, there was a lot of big words in that one!)
3) Which room we talking?????
Okay fine I'm surface mostly.
1.drive over or under the speed limit: i'm one of the weird ones who drives the limit
2. most embarassing moment: lying naked in the hallway at the hospital waiting on my csection
3. Surface-only Skootsmom could be by name now...i used to be very worried about house cleaning...since the hot flashes have ensued, there are better things to do.
i am cracking up at Sara's comment!!!!! she needs to seriously write a book!
okay..my answers, probably shorter than Sara's!
1-i definetly drive OVER...although i've only had one ticket (knock on wood!)
2-embarrassing? i'm not really sure, i guess there have been so many! i'm kinda a klutz! my stool broke in front of my whole classroom once while i was sitting and reading to them. they laughed...i cried because i somehow felt like an elephant as soon as that happened! and when they all moved on to middle school, most of their favorite memories of grade school were of ME...FALLING!
3-probably a surface-only Sandy. i've never heard these names before...too cute! my kitchen and bath though are more of an OCD level.
okay...so i guess my answers are long! good luck on your move...i'll be thinkin' about you!
Oh my gosh, I would have been mortified!!!!! LOLOL Hope they were a good pair and not that 15 year old having a bad day pair...
Love love love JJ Heller, so awesome, her music and voice are so beautiful.
I try to drive the speed limit, really I do, but I get distracted and usually end up going faster than the speed limit.
#1 Hardly ever "over"
#2 My embarassing stories are all too bad to speak of...;~)
#3 I'm a little of each...depends on what else I have going on. My desk is nearly always a huge mess though.
Melanie@Bella~Mella
Hope the move goes smoothly for you.
I stopped by Mari's blog to say hello. Nice to meet you!
I'm late on this one, home sick for a few days.
1.I set my cruise control right on the speed limit, goody goody, I know
2.There are many. One I remember was in elementary school. I thought I had a spider in my pocket (still scared of them) and I started crying and having a panic attack. the teacher came over and flipped my pocket out and there was nothing there. Just the air blowing in. I was pretty embarrassed and the boys in the class never let me forget it.
3. I'm totally a Lazy Linda! I try, but cleaning does not come naturally to me. My mom was a neat freak and instead of turning out like her, I rebelled and am the exact opposite! Go figure!
Post a Comment