Thoughts on the brain.

  • Why is it that when you want to find nerf gun bullets...you can't spot a one. But when you don't care to see them...they are everywhere? Kinda like legos I suppose.

  • What does it take to get a boy (or 2) to remember to put down the toilet seat AND flush the toilet? Gross. Even worse, will I still be blogging this when they are teenagers?

  • I have found a way to decrease my "to do" list for our move. Mark them off of mine and add them to my Hubster's. Genius, I know!

  • While getting ready for our move, we took our 2 dogs and a cat to the vet the other day. You should've seen my husband's face when we found out the bill to get them ready to travel. Yep, I'm walking a fine line on bringing these critters with us on the move.

  • We are flying down to spend this next weekend in Texas. Wonder if we'll see pigs flying too? What ever happened with the Swine Flu?

  • I saw these at Wallies the other day and can't stop thinking about them. If I buy them, does that make me a lazy housewife? Well...more of a lazy housewife I mean!


  • Do you know how GREAT it feels to get shorts back out for summer and they don't fit anymore! Granted I'm not telling you what size they are, but it still feels good!

  • I'm pretty sure I have a cavity. It is humiliating to be almost 39 years old and still get cavities....and zits. Hmm, not sounding like I have very good personal hygiene now. Better stop rambling on this topic.

  • I'm really going to miss my sister when we move.

  • Sometimes I wish I could always say the right thing. Well okay, maybe more than just sometimes!

  • I drank more Diet Coke than water last week!

  • I turned my blog off for a day. Sorry if you thought I was ditchin' you!

  • The rest of today's agenda: Baseball, inlaws and sunshine. Life's not half bad!




    dandelion-17.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

19 comments:

Mari said...

I still get zits and the occasional cavity and I'm 48!
I love your random posts!

Heather of the EO said...

I love this. You are just such a delight!

And I love Wynonna.

And those slippers are HILARIOUS!!! WHAT???

Heather of the EO said...

OH! And HOLY COW (or cattle) YOU'RE MOVING TO TEXAS!!!

Kodi said...

the shoes definitely don't mean you are lazy, more like genius multi-tasker

sara said...

those shoes are GREAT! I think I need to get me a pair!

as far as blogging, and boys and toilets, and teenagers.....the answer is YES...sorry!

and I think I get more zits now that I am in my 40s (I can still say that) than when I was a teenager!! what is up with that?!?!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Ditto on the Diet Coke.

I have a feeling I'll be right along with you on the toilet seat issue.

Happy Sunday, friend!

Lynn said...

I love when you pick your brain. ;o)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

The slippers! And there is a good chance you will be giving the same toilet seat admonition when they're older. But maybe your children are genius and will catch on to this earlier!

Anonymous said...

lazy? never!!!! we can glide along together because they look soooooo worth it!

One More Equals Four said...

Love the shoes...seem like a pretty good idea to me...wish I had thought of it, yet another missed opportunity! ☺

If and when I figure out how to get the boys to put the lid down and flush, I will let you know and then patent the idea because THAT, my friend would be worth millions! If it makes you feel any better at all, at least you don't have a 16 month old who then goes and plays in the unflushed toilet---there is ALWAYS a bright side!

Have a great day! Totally wish I could help you start packing up, I guess I'll just have to be your cheerleader from afar. And if Diet Coke gets you through this stressful time...drink on, sister!

Poopsie said...

Do the slippers come in blue? Maybe then, my hubs will be more willing to sweep the floor. :)

Tiolet seats and boys, all I can say is that I no longer have the issue fo my sons leaving the seat up. There is hope my friend!

I was almost afraid to try your blog today. I though for sure I had been ditched. I was so happy to know that you just needed the day off!

Oh, zits and cavities are still an issue for me, and I'll be 40. So, I don't have any words of advice for you...

Shelby-Grace said...

I am SO with you on the cavities and zits! I'm 38 and I've had enough of both of them:) Hope you had a great weekend!!

papabobsgirl said...

I was so sad to think of you moving and then I realized I don't see you anyway and I'll still be able to read the blog (which I love) so then I felt better. Oh, Bob's 81 and has braces. Is that worse than a cavity? Love to y'all.

Jamie said...

I think I have a cavity too! And the diet coke thing...me too.

I've been out of town and just got done catching up on your blog. Wow...you are moving! Praying the next season of life will bring many blessings. Looking forward to reading all about it. I'm kinda sad you won't be in the great northwest any longer.

Sarah said...

Keep on your boys about the toilet seat! My husband puts the seat AND lid down and I give all
credit to his amazing mama.

And we both know what happened yesterday when I showed up to your private bloggy.

Panic Attack! :)

may said...

THAT'S IT!!!!!!I'm going with you.

SoonerAggieMom said...

Great post...
Someday you will wish you had nerf bullets and legos all over your house.
Keep on them about the toilet seat.
List/Genius...yep
Ugh, sorry about the pet charges. I can't wait to meet them in person/animal.
Swine Flu? Um, they closed a Houston elementary school last week.
Wallies? I'm on my way to get some now.
My shorts don't fit either but for the wrong reason.
I miss my sister too.
Ditto.
I drank more sweet tea than water last week.
Blogs need a day off too.
Hope you had a good Sunday.

I JUST REALIZED THIS WEEKEND IS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!

Halfmoon Girl said...

So, I take it that your shorts were too big- that is always nice! I am sorry, I cannot linger to comment as I have to figure out where you are moving too...

Amelia Antwiler said...

I see nothing wrong with the diet coke comment...

love the random posts....and nerf bullets must be like squirt bottles in our house. Never around when you really need ammo.