*Jeffrey*

We have had a great mini-vacation and tomorrow we make our trek back home. I initially wrote this post during our flight last Friday. There was no where to go and nothing else to do but document the experience!

Here I sit in Row 8, seat A. ItalicIt has been a long day, let me tell ya!
On this flight, we have the *kissie couple* in front of us. Hubster finally declared that every time they kiss, we should too! (Let's just say I have found a way to get up to go bathroom more than I need to.) She keeps rubbing his bald head, scratching his back and I can see my man next to me with that cheesy grin and eyebrows raised as he waits for me to look his way. Now don't go knocking me because I'm not affectionate to my Hubster at this moment...we are on a getaway remember. There's plenty of time for lovie dovie! I'm just tired of traveling and ready to get there.

Have you ever watched the video Bill Cosby, Himself?

In it there is a segment that he describes an airplane ride sitting near a 4 year old boy named Jeffrey. Well, today on our flight we have a “Jeffrey”.

However his name is Charlie and he is 2 years old. The poor fella does not EVER want his seatbelt to be buckled and every time the rule-following Flight Attendant walks by we go through the same scenario over again.

"Put your seatbelt back on Charlie"....*Tiny body resists arrest to the seatbelt, sreaming at the top of his lungs, whining, sadness & tears.* His mom's best way to console the poor child is to say "We are almost there" despite the fact we have 2 hours left of our flight!

We've heard that phrase"Sit Down" more than we can count. Then she'll say "Be Nice" when he is acting up and I can't help but bust up laughing (silently) at the thought of a 2 year old understanding what all that means! The funniest part is when he gets restless and starts kicking the back of my seat. Her response..."Don't kick that seat or that person in front of you is going to get really mad at you."

My hubster had me in stitches as he practiced his "angry face". It would have scared the poor kid for life had he showed him, and truth is we are very sympathetic having been there ourselves traveling with little guys.

In fact the most memorable flight was when D-Man was 19 months old & Andrew was 2 months old. We were moving to Oklahoma and while Hubster drove the U-Haul cross country, I opted to fly with the boys. There I sat in the bulkhead next to an elderly lady who never once said a word let alone glanced our way. There was the classic moment when D-Man was upset, screaming "I WANT AUNTIE" at the top of his lungs. So my heart really does go out to this poor mom who just keeps saying "Charlie...Mama's tired and mama's done"!

If you get a minute, watch this clip...it describes our trip well and what else can you do after a long day like this, but laugh?!





Hope you've had a wonderful weekend!?

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

Have a safe trip home!
Definitely don't envy you on that plane ride lol

Rachelle said...

Jeffery cracks me up!

Mari said...

Glad you found lots to entertain yourselves with on the plane!
I love Cosby!

Cheri said...

Cosby is hilarious!!!
We have a lovey dovey couple that always sits in front of us in church.
She's always rubbing his bald head and when the praise team sings a certain song and for the life of me I can't remember the name right now- anyway it's about God being the most important in our lives- she sings it to him and usually a kiss entails!
It about makes me want to scream :)

Beverly said...

There must be something about those bald guys.......I'm always rubbing my man's head!! He just wishes a kiss would always follow!

Can't wait to hear about the weekend! Hope Bro. C's melon felt OK!

checkin' my e-mail every few minutes...

Sara@iSass said...

I hear that Charlie's mama!

One More Equals Four said...

I love me some Bill Cosby! Hope ya'll had a great time! I feel for the momma of little Charlie, I have been there. It is why we drive everywhere we go now!

Colored With Memories said...

you cracked me up with the "kissie" couple stuff!

hope the remainder of your trip was great...even the drive back home can be fun w/o screaming from the back seat!

check out my blog when you get a chance...i've tagged you for a little meme there and given you a blog award too...no pressure...only join in if ya want to!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

I've missed ya....have a safe trip home..can't wait to hear about your getaway...at least the "non-kissie" parts!

Anonymous said...

oh, that would sooooooo be me on a trip with Owen. i'd like to think he'd cooperate, BUT he is 2 and there is just no sitting still for him or ANY 2 year old for that matter!

i hope the rest of your trip was delightful! now...go give Hubster some kisses!

Monica said...

I know what you mean that you are ready to get home! Love the flip flop song, never heard of it before!