Don't you wish decisions in life could be simpler? Like the classic system of "check Yes or No".
I'm at that spot lately. A big decision is weighing on my heart and although I hypothetically stare at that white sheet of paper with those 2 boxes, (waiting for the answer to miraculously appear)....I find my head fill up with more and more thoughts that confuse me.
Waiting on the Lord is not easy. I wish it really was as simple as Gideon's fleece sometimes. In my heart I know it is, because when God's will is revealed the deciding factor is His peace that overwhelms me. I just wish I had that peace right now as my thoughts are cloudy and my spirit is not settled.
What do you do when the answer is not clear? How has God revealed His answers to you? And what do you do while you wait?


11 comments:
I hate that situation. Sometimes I would like God to just speak out loud and take any questions away!
When this happens I just wait and sooner or later it clears up. I also talk to Christian friends and family members.
I'm not a good waiter. I usually try to finagle things by myself and end up making a huge mess. So it's definitely something the Lord is CONTINUALLY working on for me.
Here's hoping your question(s) get answered soon! :)
seems that I've been in that situation alot, and I have no easy answers...waiting is hard. to reply to your comment on my post, YES Kevin Max does look like a young Jack Nicholson, and its sooo funny that you mentioned it because I told him that to his face. haha.
Looking so pretty over here! Thanks for your note this morning. It has been super busy here, so I haven't posted for a while. My visitors have been really low lately, so I have been wondering if I am really boring anyways. sniff, lol.
Cute pic of the runners. What do I do while I wait- flucuate between going crazy, trying to discover the solution on my own, praying, reading scripture, seeking wise counsel, etc. Recently, I have been trying to be really disciplined at praying, reading scripture, and just telling God that I am trusting Him to do a good work instead of discussing issues with my friends, family, etc- not that there is anything wrong with that, per se, but it can confuse me when I get too much advice.
Oh Girlfriend, I'm in the same boat! And I can totally relate...even though I know we are in different situations. Come on over to my place, pull up a chair and listen to the devotion I read yesterday. Praying with you....
Ah Linda, whatever you're going through, whatever choices need to be made, may God speed with an answer so that you can move forward. Nothing worse than waiting, even if that is sometimes part of the answer.
Big hugs to you my friend.
I'm going to fess up.
I am patient.
Shh, don't say it outloud.
I wait.
Waiting SUCKS. It's painful, it's annoying, it's growing in gratitude, it's trusting, it's long suffering...
I kick and cry and scream and stew while I'm waiting...it's really not pretty...if HE were LIVING WITH me and not IN me he'd answer me yesterday! BUT He Lives in us; ABOVE us; THROUGH us; so HE gets to take his time and plan it out and work the good all FOR HIM.
So I wait, and be as patient and "behaved" as I can.
It's the Trusting.
Trusting that whatever HIS answer IS it's the ONE I have to accept and praise Him for.
Yeehaw. :)
waiting and being patient is the PITS! it's one of life's biggest challenges, i believe. these sort of situations remind me to get one my knees and just wait on God to give me a clear answer.
a little chocolate in between the waiting ALWAYS helps too!
btw...i love the new layout, header and cute little dandelion at the end of your posts! you have such a cute flare on your blog!
Hey you....I do still read you:) Just a little more spurty now!
I know the process of waiting well! It seems like I wait more then I move. I don't like it...I'm not a waiting kind of gal but I think that's exactly why God keeps bringing me back to this place of stillness.
There is nothing magical or mystic about finding the exact will of God. Sometimes we just need to say, "Father, I need to make a decision...lead me.." And as I move in the direction I feel he is directing I pray"if you don't want me to continue down this path stop me". I have found this approach so freeing in making decisions.
We can never know the complete mind of God. But we can know his heart...His Word tells us his heart.
He Hearts you!:) So do I!
I think waiting is God's way of blessing us. Yep, that's right. If we never had to wait on an answer, where would we be? In a pit maybe? Without waiting, we don't grow. We just exist. BUT we exist for God's glory, not the other way around.
Waiting with you.
~~hugs always!
Post a Comment