
Dear D,
Your Auntie Mary nicknamed you that...("D") and here are some things your mommy thinks it stands for:
Delicate & Darling (as a baby of course, you might not like be called these now, huh? Well you still are darling to me!)
Dedicated, you've always shown this quality in everything you set your mind to and love. You are dedicated to your friends, your school, your brother, your parents and to God. I'm proud of you for that.
Dynamic, to me it means more special than the regular person and I believe this about you!
Deep, you get this from your papa and I am so very glad you do. I love to sit and listen to you talk about things that I can see you really are concerned or care about. Your mind has the ability to go to such a special point that many other people are too busy to. This quality will be so valuable in relationships and life. I love how God made you this way.
Devoted, to your family, friends and to your relationship with Jesus. I know that you will always try to pick what is good, right and true!
Determined, I am proud at how you stick to a task and finish it with confidence. Being determined has helped you learn, build friendships, work thru problems and I have seen you rewarded in many ways for this quality!
Daring, you are cautious but take the right risks. That is smart and that is why grandpa lets you drive the ATV all by yourself!
Dashing and Dreamy, these are too words that worry your mommy because I know you are and pretty soon other girls will see it too! These words also mean a tenderness to me, that you are bold but gentle.
Discrete, you know how to keep secrets and information that is important to yourself.
Delightful, I bet for those who know you...they'd surely say this is one of the first "D"s that comes to their mind. You are so enjoyable to be around. Sweet, kind and compassionate.
I get such a hoot out of how you enjoy it when I come up and push your cheeks together and "look" for baby D and squeal when I see him there! My sweet son, you will always be my baby no matter how old you get. 10 is such a fantastic age. Have fun this year. We have seen you grow into such a responsible, loving and wonderful boy. I really look forward to the next 10....as long as they go by NICE and SLOW!
Happy Birfday Buddy!
33 comments:
Oh wow - your baby is 10? D for a decade.
Hope it is a happy and fun year!
D-LIGHTFUL! sweet, sweet post. happy birthday to both of you :)
Mike would say, "He's now a ten-ager!"
Those double digits...whew!
Happy Birthday!
Tachan
Happy birthday to your guy! I hope 10 is an amazing year for him.
happy birthday to him...10 years old, i can remember my son being 10 it was a good time. he was still my little boy and its quickly disappearing now he's 13. enjoy these times.
Happy birthday D-man! What a cute collage of pictures and the the list of D things is great!
Happy Birthday---wow, he has reached double digits, that is big time! Have a great day celebrating and enjoy the last couple of years before teenage attitude!
oh how sweet! I love those little pictures of him! So neat!
Love this! Happy 10th Birthday to your D!
Awww...isn't it crazy how time really does fly? Happy birthday, D-Man!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARRYL!!!!! We sure do love you and are proud of what a great young man you are becoming! Hope you have a great day!
Alicia, Rob, Hannah, and Hudson
Did you cry when you wrote this? I'm crying just reading it! Happy Birthday "D-Man"! Wow! 10! :)
Did you cry when you wrote this? I'm crying just reading it! Happy Birthday "D-Man"! Wow! 10! :)
Happy Birfday D! Have a wonderful day and do whatever you like.
Hope your son has a fantastic B-Day!! The pictures of him are great. That's a really cool keepsake to have to remember him at each age!
AHHH! What a wonderful post.
Can you believe it 10??? Oh, goodness, it hit hard when Nina turned 6!!!!
He's got and good Mama showing him how to be daring and delightful and discrete and devoted.
Happy BIRTHDAY D-man!!!!
Happy birthday to your very divine D and also to his very cleaver mom! Hope you both have a delightful day!
Hey so glad you stopped by:)! You have such cute boys!
I love finding new friends so I am sure I'll be back:)
RosyRose
that is extremely sweet! i LOVE the collage you made...how clever! have a wonderful day with your new 2 digit old son! (i know it was a big deal for my niece to turn 2 digits!!!!)
Happy Birfday D-Man!!!
Oh, double digits- exciting for boys, hard on mommies! I found 10 and 6 to be the hardest on this mama's heart. This year we have another 6, 10 and our first 13 coming up- gulp! Happy Birthday to your D man! Love the collage of pics- you are so great at things like that!
Happy Birthday, D!
Your mom rocks, doesn't she? Isn't it cool that she can list all these things about you in such a special way? Maybe you haven't read this post, but when you're older and you do? I know you'll feel really good, and that's so great.
And P.S. Just because you're ten doesn't mean your mom is old.
What a cutie pie!
Happy B-Day "D" ;-D
I love that middle picture. So sweet.
Happy Birthday!! Love the pictures!
My oldest son turns 10 on Friday. Seriously?? Didn't we just bring these baby boys home from the hospital?
BEAUTIFUL Post!
Blessings, Carolynn
Dashing and dreamy, indeed! What a handsome guy you have there...
Happy Birthday!!
this is such a sweet, special post!
happy birthday little man!
Today is Thursday and my blog watcher thingie has Growin with it at the bottom on the list. Where are you????
clever and fun post.
"discrete"...now that must be a boy thing! lily can't even keep herself from telling me where she is going to hide when we play hide and seek!
Happy Birfday, D-MAN!!!!
And thus begins the tween years!
What a sweet pea!
Happy Birthday D!!!!
I hate to remind you Linda, but, I'm pretty sure a couple of little girls thought he was dashing and dreamy a long time ago. (Roman and Hannah) With Hannah out of the country, maybe Roman has a little better chance now...
bwahahaha
Post a Comment