Take Two


...of a whiner post. The jist is:

it's sunny outside.

AJ & I are both sick.

D-Man is out playing with the neighbor kids.

Which puts AJ in more agony.

And so I'm asking for ideas on how to entertain a poor little sick fella?!

When ya don't feel all that great yourself?!

14 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Michele dealt with that yesterday with her daughter - settled in on watching some of her favorite childhood movies with Nati - Space Camp, Secret of Nimh..... Hope you both feel better soon!

Mari said...

My tactics were movies. I hope the two of you feel better soon!

sara said...

I'm with mari.....snuggle up on the sofa with a bowl of ice cream or whatever "sounds good" and watch a movie together!

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the movies too. Sometimes I let my daughter put on my makeup (ha!) or cut up paper with sissors when we both need some quiet time, but I doubt those will fly with your guy...

Halfmoon Girl said...

NOOOOOO!!! You are NOT sick again???? What a tough winter for you! Entertaining a sick guy- a trip to the library for videos and good books works around here. I have gone in there looking like death before, but it is worth it once I get home and can flop on the couch while my children are amused. What else...coloring pages, dot to dot, usborne puzzle books... My kids get gingerale when they are sick, so that helps out on the feeling of everything they are missing out on. Hope you both feel better soon.

Darla said...

i'm sick too, i have a cold i guess, but i feel horrible. we're all in this together.

MelanieJoy said...

Aawww I hate to hear you guys are sick. Maybe some board games but I agree with a good movie too. My nephew was sick last week when he wasn't sleeping he was piled up on the couch with tissues and pillows. When he was feeling a bit better we cranked out the the nerf dart guns! Hope you guys are feeling better soon!!

Elizabeth said...

I say let him do whatever makes him feel better! My son loves movies, but Wii really gets him excited. It makes being sick not so terrible (for both of us!).

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

I'm sick too...

But weren't you just sick?!!

We have the same bath robes...hee hee hee.

Sorry so short, but I'm Headin off to work today, yuk. Twelve hour shift. And no, I am not a doctor.

Anonymous said...

oh, man! i'm so sorry to hear you guys are sick! have you been hangin' around our neck of the woods?????

a good couple of movies, a comfy couch, and some good meds...that should do ya, oh yeah and maybe some ice cream...get well soon! if you lived close by i'd make you a nice bowl of soup!!!! And DON'T end up with pneumonia like someone else i know (ahem)!

Beverly said...

Roman likes to play cards - WAR to be exact. Josh just wants to lay on the couch and watch the History channel until his eyes cross.

But it's much harder when you don't feel well. I think Bro. C should entertain you with some fire-eating. And D should bring his lil brother anything he asks for!!

Feel better soon!

Poopsie said...

I am sorry to hear you all are not feeling good. YUCK!

I think that my ability to win at Disney Trivial Pursuit is due to days spent with sick kids...

BTW, I left you a surprise at my blog. :)

Jackie said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry...wish I could help, but we are in week 3 of being sick around here, so I need some ideas myself. :) Get better really, really soon!

Tiffany said...

I think snuggling together is just what's needed.. Sorry neither of you is feeling well, hoping you both get better soon!
Big hugs to you...