Does it really have to end?

Bwaa, it's inevitable. The end of winter break. UGG. I love having my guys around all the time. Hubster went back to work today after a 2 week vacation and tomorrow it's back 2 school for the boys. There have been moments when I've been ready to get things "back to normal" (WHATEVER that is!), but now that the hours are counting down I get that ache again. Bummer. We've spent the last couple of days w/ a little bit of cabin fever:

And a whole lot crazy:


And one more cuz it's classic in a house of boys!


But it sure has been a great "break", well all except that last one!

Snow on Park Bench-Animated Pictures, Images and Photos

19 comments:

sara said...

that was awesome!!

it reminded me of when I was pregnant with my youngest (due in 1 week). We gave the kids hand nerf guns in their stockings and so did our best friends. So Christmas night we had a 8 person nerf war all over our house. Here I was HUGE and running and bending over to pick up missiles! It is one of my favorite memories!!!

And I love the Guess who game!

Anonymous said...

Haha your poor dog!!

Hope re-entry into the real world isn't too tough. Praying for your dad for tomorrow.

Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Back to school...I remember that feeling! Speaking from experience, the teachers HATE it!

It is nice to get back into a "normal" routine again. We are tring to do the same around here.

Jeff and Valerie Carr said...

oh, the joy of boys!

Sara@iSass said...

That would drive Piper crazy too! She loves balls.
It was hard for me today too. Hubby back to work, kids off to school. My house is back to normal...sort of. It's clean, organized but I got this ich to DO SOMETHING. Like go buy a new bedspread and paint the bedroom or start remodeling the downstairs bathroom. We so need a new toilet and vanity down there and I want to paint and buy new towels and shower curtain. You know SPRUCE it up around here. But alas the reality sets in and as motivated as I am to think about it, I DON'T feel like MAKING it happen. Kinda like dinner. BLAH. I need some new recipes...I want to do that cooking class thing where you pay for the ingredients and they show you how to make dinners...you freeze them and eat for the week. Doesn't that sound nice? Uh huh, and then I got picky kids. So It'd be all for me and maybe Hubby, as long as he has his hot sauce, he'll eat anything. Yeah, okay. I'm done...it's back to the heating pad for this here grouch!

Halfmoon Girl said...

I was not looking forward to today too much either- my oldest two just got home from their dad's, so it seems like I have hardly seen them over the holidays. They seemed happy to trot off to school though. I am not getting much done today though- I need to get MYSELF back into routine. I have done lot of mommy stuff, but no cleaning... So, what broke?

Mari said...

I couldn't get your middle video to play but the bottom one is great - yes I think you have boys in the house! You're so lucky that your hubby got vacation time too!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Oh poor Henry. I hope he got the ball a couple of times and nothing was broken from the crash.

I also loved your, I mean, the boys letter to your brother.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh, that is SO hilarious! Thanks for the giggle!
Kiddos heading back to school is always so bittersweet....so glad you had such a wonderful few weeks with your boys!

Shelby-Grace said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had at your house over the last couple of weeks! Great videos! I forget to get our camera out and capture those kind of times on video.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow:)

Heather of the EO said...

That was so much fun. Too funny with the shattering noise at the end. And all the giggles in the background. Love it.

Beverly said...

I knoooooow, right? (said in my best Joshie voice)

I don't want it to end. I don't ever want any break to end. Not so much because I love having my kids home but because I love not getting up early to get them to school!!! bwahahaha

That video cracked me up!

Hang on - only 2 months until spring break!!!

StephieAnne said...

I'm so with you regarding being sad for it all to end. At least school keeps us from taking these good times for granted. I'll be praying for you and your dad tomorrow!

MelanieJoy said...

Ugh...I've dreaded it too. Today was our first day back. It wasn't too bad. I have to decided by morning if I'm going to pay my tuition...if I do I start school on Monday. I should have followed my first dream...to be a hermit...LOL!!

One More Equals Four said...

We started back today and I was dreading it, but actually, I LOVED getting back into a routine! The kids also had a great attitude so all in all, it wasn't too bad. Of course, I have the privilege/punishement (depending on when you ask) of being with mine all the time!

I'll be praying for your dad, the surgery is tomorrow?

WILLOW TREE said...

I know just what you mean; my oldest son goes back to school tomorrow and I'm a bit bummed about it. :o)

Blessings, Carolynn

Michelle said...

i SO know what you mean. David went back to work yesterday and I miss him something terrible. Sarah has had the hardest time though not understanding why he had to go back to work.

that video was so funny! not funny that something got broke =P

Lynn said...

Hilarious! I love that you don't get upset over a little broken glass. Such fun!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Oh friend, that is just too funny!