Not to be misunderstood

I've been thinking about this for quite some time now. Blogging is such a fun outlet for me and I love to write. But I wonder how often a comment or post I've written can be taken the wrong way. I know I've been guilty of "hmm, that's a weird comment" and it's probably because I misunderstood! I strive to not be judgemental, ever. But I am human. And I know I've probably been less than kind in my thoughts at times and its most likely because I misunderstand the other person. Not just in blogging but in life!

This topic has also drawn me to some other issues in blogging. If you are fortunate like me, there are some incredible sisterhoods out there in bloggyland. Women who instantly become kindred spirits and friends. Bloggers you may not know a whole lot about except for what they write in a post. And I've been thinking....if we really knew everything, would we still be friends? Oh goodness I hope so. Would we be judgemental towards one another if we knew more than what we've read from the words on a blog? Oh goodness I hope NOT!

For example...

What if you found out you had different religions?

How about church denominations? Would you still be best bloggy buds if you disagreed on those issues.

Politics....not touching that one!

Past history. Things in our past that has not been pretty. We all have some of that "hidden" in our closets!

How about alcohol?

Marriage or parenting differences?




I have been so blessed by the blogging community. I am also blessed by the blogs I love in that they are positive, uplifting and gutt honest people. When it is said plain and simple, hopefully there is no misunderstanding. And if we disagree, it's okay with me!

I strive so hard to be a person who *what you see is the real me*. [Or read!] If you've been here long you know I'll be the first to point out the zit on my nose. I guess I just wanted to say that I am an open book. If you want to know something else about me, please ask.

I have felt compelled to just put it out there where I am coming from in what I believe as far as "religion". I want so much for this sweet blog of mine to be a reflection of God. He created laughter, so that's where most of my blogging material focuses. But I also want it to be without a doubt what I believe about Him! He has given me this gift to write and without giving Him acknowledgement or credit would be so very wrong!

I am a Christian. And with that term becoming so broad in this day and age, and "mixed reviews" by the behavior of some that claim to be a Christian, well what in the world does it mean to me? I believe that Jesus died on the cross for this pitiful sinner and I have made Him the leader of my life. I long for the day I will meet him face to face and spend eternity praising Him. I will never be perfect like Him, and I need to ask His forgiveness day in and day out, but I've learned to see myself as He does and strive to live a life He would be pleased with.

There are so many people hurting out there and my hopes are to be a blog of joy and realness. A blog that shines Jesus out of the monitor and into their day. So anyone who reads will know they are loved and life can really stink on this earth but there is so much more to hope in!

Because of Him!

My new blog friend Heather opened it up on her blog about who she is in what she believes. I nodded my head over and over as I read it. I'm encouraged by her honesty and really love her heart. Please read it!

If you've lasted this far on this long post, thank you for the comments you leave me each day. It's addicting I tell ya!☺ The love I hope to put out there comes back on me doubled. So thank you. I am so glad I discovered blogging and have made such sweet friends like you.

With love,




24 comments:

Poopsie said...

Linda, I would like to steal your sisters that blog picture. It is so cute.
That said, thank you for your honesty. I come back day after day for that. I believe that this post is from the heart, you can just feel it, you know. I am not going anywhere. I enjoy finding the joy in life, as you siad it stems from "HIM".
Thank you for sharing this post. I would hope that your bloggy friends are friends that you can count on.
Blessings, Cindy P :)

One More Equals Four said...

Thanks for sharing, I agree! Blogging has been such a blessing to me and has been such a gift of friendship at times when the isolation of being a homeschooling mom who has done nothing but conversate and teach four children all day has gotten to me! Thanks for being one of those friends!

Happy Mommy said...

Linda, I love how you blog, girl I love you! You are a sister in Christ and I may never see you face to face here but girl some day I am gonna walk right up to you on the streets of gold and hug my friend! God has blessed us mom's with a wonderful way to have friends the world wide web go figure!
I love your encouraging comments, you are funny and make me smile all the time.
Oh and you know my real name!
XOXOXOXO
HM

Mari said...

I've had those same thoughts. I know of several differences between me and some of my bloggy friends but we love each other just the same. It has opened my eyes in some ways to others who are still my sisters in Christ but may have a different political view or a different belief about baptism... I'm so blessed by so many - including you!

Penny said...

I'm glad you're blogging, too! =) Rachel introduced me, really, to this, and I absolutely love it.

You're right on the "truth" of the blogs. ;) I'm teaching column writing right now, and what I tell my students is that they have a choice to either show just a portion of themselves or their "real" selves. And I explained to them that sometimes that's hard to do, to make yourself vulnerable.

While sometimes I don't discuss super personal matters on my blogs (you know, the things you only tell your BFF, lol), I'm like you: I try to be open and honest in my blogs; the thing I've learned through blogging and through teaching about column writing is that people usually don't want to judge you; they want to sympathize with you and can understand where you're coming from. And that's what makes it worth it to me.

Lol, what a long comment! ;)

SoonerAggieMom said...

Happy Mommy's comment made me cry. It reminded me I haven't seen you since 2002 but one of these days we'll live in the same city and worship together again! I love your blog and look forward to reading it every day.

Tiffany said...

Thank you for always keeping things so real, love ya for that!
Mwah! ~Tiff

Beverly said...

You are such a gifted writer, Linda. Everyday, you are transparent in sharing your life and you do shine a light right out of my monitor.

And you are the first to say that light is a reflection of our Heavenly Father - not of anything you've done on your own. I believe that is what draws people to you. Humility in the face of such praise from your sisters/peers - that's why I love you!!

Thanks for sharing your heart!

Michelle said...

i heart you linda! and i love this post!!!

when i first started blogging I visited the same group of blogs as many others {in the same group} and let's just say it got very ugly between, what I thought were a great group of friends. and it was over the craziest of things, parenting, husband wife realationships, types of churches, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, what bookss you read, {my list could go on} It was really a sad time and I almost stopped blogging because of it. but i just distanced myself from that group and went on my merry little way.

And I'm so glad I did! I have met the sweetest of people who ARE real! You being one of them my sweet friend!

The only reason I have taken some blogs off my list is because of vulgar language or it has turned into a party blog {mainly because of pictures posted}

It would be so sad to be so judgmental that I would give up great friendships {online & here at home} over something so silly.

Well, I have more to say, ya know i can get long winded sometimes but the kiddos are calling me!

Have a wonderful Friday!!

love ya

Halfmoon Girl said...

you.are.awesome.

Sara@iSass said...

When I first started blogging I had NO idea what I was doing. Then suddenly friendships developed. And as I was going through them in my mind...darn near ALL of them are with Godly women. I'm a baby Christian. I came to Christ in 2000. It yirks me that no matter what I DO I'll never be perfect. I WANT to be perfect. SO that, I'm worthy of Jesus, of God of his gift. I know that is ALL wrong. IT's by love that we are saved and there for we must love others. Yeh, head gets it heart rebels...how do I LOVE Howie, or Sherri who've hurt this fragile girl. I have forgiven. It'a EVERY DAY. But I no longer choose to love them in the way that love means to me. Kind words, affection, geneorosity, UNconditions. They take that and take take take until you are the bleeding mess on the floor begging God for justice.
Linda, your honesty and faith change me everyday. Even in your jokes. I'm a baby when it comes to living THIS life. Everything for me is Black or White. Good or Bad. If you're black (in the dark black not colored skin.) or bad I want NOTHING to do with you, (them) I run from it. I can only be ME in the light, surrounded by lighted people who can teach me more about grace and mercy. I still doubt sometimes about AM I really cherished. AM I really just for believeing he died and rose again, AM I really going to heaven. Is He really making a place just for ME? This fragile heart WANTS so much for that to be true, but being raised by haters...who tell you things that aren't true, and then sit next to you in church listening to them tell of Jesus, head out the door and start telling you how worthless you are, How if not for THEM you wouldn't BE here. I'm counting on the bible, I'm counting on Jesus. If it turns out that I was wrong...well then I won't know it till it's over right? So for now I believe, I trust my husband and his faith, I trust my friends in their faith, I trust MY heart and it's faith. Thanks for your post. Now, I'm all weepy! (Thanks mewaning a GOOD thanks) and weepy cause when I start thinking about this I get sad that i'm not stinkin' perfect. Not perfect for others or myself but FOR HIM. So I'm worthy!

StephieAnne said...

So well said, Linda! Your blog has been such an inspiration to me, and daily I see your striving to put God first in the words that you write. Thank you for posting this!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Linda,

You inspired me today my friend. I know that I hold back sometimes because there are some that lurk on my blog, I guess you could call them frenemies, people who come by to just be nosy. That keeps me from being totally open, ya know?

I'm gonna head over and read Heather's post and pray about my next post!

...and I would be surprised if we didn't meet this side of Heaven.

..and I am going to take your adorable sisters blog picture too.

I heart you!

Heather of the EO said...

This is just so well said. Thank you for your kind words. I've loved getting to know you. It's funny how I find myself so quickly connecting with people. Your heart just shines right through all your posts. You're a genuine person, who seeks to love people, that is so plain to see. There are the perfect words for what I'm trying to say, but they're escaping me. I just love you! How about that? :)

Anonymous said...

you.nailed.it!
I started blogging pretty much to keep family and friends up to date on our family and what we are up to. I had not idea that I would meet such wonderful people...like you! It's been so fun and a journey. I'm not a big writer...I try and just say what's on my mind and I try not to get too personal...I don't know who's lurking out there! But, one thing's for sure...I'm me. That's it! I'm me! I try to live my life each day to please God and no one else.
I am just enjoying this journey of motherhood and trying to live in the moments as best as I can. Blgging gives me an outlet and a way to share my journey with others and maybe along the way inspire other new (and old) moms...cause if there's one thing I've learned...WE CAN'T DO IT ALONE! We need this community. Whether it's at church, in a mother's group, at a coffee shop down the street, at your kid's school, or in the blogosphere...connecting with others keeps things real!
Thanks for your honesty. I wouldn't come by each day if I didn't feel comfortable with what I read. I love your personality in what you write, your humor and especially your integrity to follow Christ.
YOU GO GIRL!!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Jackie said...

Girl, you know I love you. :) I love your honesty, your realness...and you've inspired me to try and be a little more open myself. Very hard for me...I have trouble putting it all out there because I am afraid people will turn and run. But in the end, I think people are just looking for someone to relate to you...and you do that so well.

Mama2hre said...

Shouldn't that blog have ended with, "Can I get an AMEN!"? You are so right! I love your blog and I so appreciate your bloggyland friendship. I think it's so funny that you wrote this blog today. Just lastnight I was thinking about Buried With Children's bad day. I just kept thinking, Ya know, if she was my neighbor I would so go over there with my cup of coffee and cheer her up! I love the friends I've gained through blogging! You know, occasionally my Dad will read my blog. Soon after I get a phone call saying, "do you just sit in front of your computer all day!" HELLO! I have 3 kids..um...NO! Yet I have this vision in my head. A vision of me leaning over my computer clutching it to my chest, yelling, "But DAD my blog friend live in here!" Thanks for your Christian friendship Linda! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a slightly different angle on the blogging thing, which is that I sometimes feel awkward knowing that my close friend here in town, who does not share many of my beliefs (so I am very careful and diplomatic when I'm around her) will read the things in my blog and either privately, or face to face, take issue with them. Even though I don't write TO her, she's reading the stuff and following up with me when we do get together. So far, I've held back a little on my blog when it comes to getting too Jesus-freakish because I know she's reading and don't want to offend her or give her something to make fun of...

MelanieJoy said...

Girl...can I just say....you bless me!! When I leave here my heart is always lifted. As I've said before-you just stinking make me laugh. And at the same time you have a realness about you that I so enjoy.
Praying you have a wonderful weekend!

Colored With Memories said...

it's good to let it all hang out...

so true about the definitions the word "christian" can imply these days...i think you've got it right though! i know you do!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering about this myself. But I think that in most cases our "heart" shines through (despite whether our intentions were vaguely misinterpreted.)

Linda, I so enjoy your blog because you do keep it real. Blog friends are no different than the people we get thrown with every day - the good, the bad, the beauty and the ugliness - we're all human.

I just have to share that I "met" my now-husband online. And I was very nervous to meet him at first. The one thing he said to me that made me willing to meet him was "We are both humans." Isn't that stupidly simple? Yet someohow that simple phrase got us to where we are today. And a lot hinged on us meeting... God knows!

God bless you this weekend, my sister!
--Bonnie

Monica said...

I'm right there with you. Blogging is so much fun and you can make so many bloggy friends. How fun is that and hence the reason for the addiction!

Lynn said...

I'm not sure how to comment on this one other than to let you know that I love reading what is on your heart. I love this blogging thing and all the wonderful people I have met. I am not as open as you are on my blog, but that is because of the population (from many spheres of my life) that read all these intimate details. I hope we meet in person some day. I just know it would be great.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I hope I'm as "open" as you are - it makes us real! :)