I wrote a post a long while ago about my dad battling pancreatic cancer. He went for treatment at a homeopathic hospital at the end of October. Last we spoke he was going in for a cat scan on the 17th to see what the tumor was doing. Well after talking with my dad today I found out he had gone in last week for the cat scan. Turkey. Didn't tell us. Anyways, he will find out this next Monday or Tuesday what the results are.In our conversation he spoke about the what ifs. And if the results show the tumor has grown he is planning to go ahead with the surgery. Long story short, his tumor is next to an important artery in his pancreas that leads to his heart? If I have my information correct.
There are a couple ways this can go. IF the tumor has grown and the surgery is to happen:
They can open him up and find that they can do nothing and close him back up. OR, they can do their best to take out what they can of the tumor w/o interupting the artery.
Either way I know my dad is concerned about the process of recovery. His health is "good" but my dad is pretty frail now from the treatments and special diet he has been on for quite some time now. And recovery is a long road back from this kind of surgery.
You know how you feel after you get some news that is upsetting? That's how I feel today. I am confident that God is in control of everything going on. I am confident that God has the best plan laid out for my father. I am confident that the timing for all of this is orchestrated by God. And I know that God loves my dad very much.
But, I am human! I worry so much, girls. It feels like the same moment when my mom was battling cancer. Helplessness. Frustration at the time spent already that I didn't make more efforts to see and be with him. Guilt about that too of course. Look, I sound like I'm saying goodbye already. Geesh Linda!! Realistically the surgery is very risky and we could be saying goodbye before he has it, IF he has it. The greatest way this could all play out is to get a call from him this week that the cancer has shrunk, or HALLELUJAH the cancer is gone. Gone, baby, gone!
I'm not sure at this moment how to ask you to pray about all these details other than the obvious physical needs. Maybe just peace for my family. And trust in God's plans? He is the Jehovah Rapha...the God who heals. And I know that without a doubt. Pray the tumor has shrunk or disappeared. That would be an awfully nice Christmas present for us all! My step mother's name is Shirley. Please pray for her.
You know what? It is incredibly comforting to hop on here and pour my heart out and know that you are praying. This is one of the priceless blessings of being in bloggyland.
Thanks girls,
Linda
23 comments:
I'm so glad you posted this update. It is hard to know how to pray in these times. The wonderful thing is that God knows our heart and when the words aren't right or we just can't say anything - He knows! I'll be praying for your Dad and for you too.
well now, I hope that you know that ANY request you make of me is an instant YES! Unless of course you're asking me to share some of my dessert, then I might think twice.
Oh, Linda, I DO hope that the scan comes back with steller news. And I will most certainly be on my knees for your family. Love you!
Praying for your sweet family.
Thanks for the update! He has been in my thoughts and prayers. I will continue to pray for the tumor to simply dissapear! Please continue with the updates.
I'm sorry, Linda. I know how stressful this can be; the thoughts, the waiting and wondering...
I pray for peace for you and your family.
I'll hope for good news soon!
Praying for peace, faith, comfort, healing, strength... All of these things and so much more. Praying that God will wrap His arms around your Dad as he goes through this whole process... And to you, my friend, a great big hug and shoulder to cry on.
Love Tiff
I'm praying. For you, for your father, for your whole family.
--Bonnie
Praying!
Praying with you and for you~
He's listening...Hugs.
Oh gosh, I just want to wrap you up in a big hug right now. Praying for you all, Linda. Sigh. Life is stinky sometimes. (((hugs)))
Praying for you is the least, and the most, we can do.
One of the stories in one of my favorite books, Streams in the Desert, is about an old woman who told of all the things she had suffered from in her life...especially the things she worried about that never happened. Maybe if you catch yourself worrying you can start singing a praise song instead, and take your thoughts in a new direction....(LOL I know, I should take my own advice once in a while!)
I'll be praying....!
I'm praying for all of you, Linda!
Tachan
You bet we'll be prayin', for all of you. And we don't always need to know "how" to pray in order to pray. God knows. ((Hugs))
I will be praying for you and for your dad! Thank heavens we can go before a loving Father who already knows our needs!
I'm praying for you, Linda. He is faithful.
Thanks for sharing this update. Please keep us posted when he gets the results of his testing. We'll be praying.
Praying for him and ya'll, Linda! Love ya!
Looking up to Him and sending prayers to you and your family. You can pour out your heart anytime...that's what we're here for.
Praying for peace and healing for your sweet family!
{{{{hugs}}}}
Praying tonight for your precious dad. It's hard to watch a parent get sick. Sounds like a pretty selfless man to keep the test to himself. I like him already.
I've walked this road Linda. Take a hold of my hand anytime.
Hugs friend.
Sorry I am so late commenting...I tried to earlier and I was having issues.
Isn't it so good to know we are held by a loving Father, even when our hearts are hurting and we don't understand everything? I am praying for you right now...for peace, for healing, for your dad, for Shirley. And for you, my friend. Big hugs....
It is so nice to see that you and your family are nestled in the arms of so many that care! I have not stopped by in a while, and was glad to see an update on your Dad. You and your family are in my thoughts.
linda,
praying for you and your family
love ya!
Post a Comment