One of you likes it warm and toasty and the other has to be able to see their breath!
Well it's not quite that bad in our house, but we do keep it cooler this time of year. I don't care to sleep with the heater blasting. I love it being kinda crisp and snuggling up under a ton of blankets at night. But when my feet hit the floor in the morning this time of year...there better be my fuzzy socks and winter sweaters close by!
Lately I have been addicted to a particular sweater and if I catch a glance of myself in the mirror it seems kind of comical. There might as well be the leather patches on the elbows cuz it's that type of sweater. I'm not complaining though because it is my new found friend these days as the weather turns colder.
So today, I am thankful for my Mr. Rogers' sweater!:

20 comments:
Many years ago I bought a brown cardigan sweater at a thrift store. Im sure it was cleaned out of the closet of some elderly woman that had passed away... Anyway. I loved that sweater. It was "old lady" style, but it just made me happy. My husband used to joke that he'd have to bury me in it. Sadly, it finally fell apart. Only I was sad (I think everyone else that knew me secretly rejoiced). I've tried to replace it, but it just isn't the same.
Why do I tell you all this? So you know you are not alone is your sweater addiction ( ;
~K
Would you be mine, could you be mine, won't you be my neighbor? :o)
LOVE the sweater. And the philosophy behind it. I turn the heat way down at night too; it's like lighting money on fire not to! But we're pulling out all the layers now and I'm on the hunt for a sweater just like yours.
Blessings, Whitney
Mine is a polar fleece blue jacket with Estes Park embroidered on it! It ain't pretty, but it IS warm!
aww man...someone beat me to it...well I'll say anyway too..."Won't you be my neighbor"!
I have a grey sweatshirt I'm already favoring...not as pretty as your sweater though...it's all about the comfort for me after a longgggg day! Enjoy!
at work i am the cold one... at home, my husband is always the one who's freezing.
i maintain it's me who has an accurate idea of the correct temperature ;)
Looks great to me!
We have a smiliar situation in our house. My husband would love to keep all the windows in the house open all night long. But in the morning, I can't function nor warm up. We have agreed that he can keep the office windows open.... If the sweater keeps you warm.. I am so about practicalities.
I like it cold at night too, but first thing in the morning I put on a warm hoodie.
Ooh, warm and toasty sweaters! I love how thick your looks! I have gone and bought 4 space heaters. It is just drafty in this house in the winter and when the north wind blows we have no trees to block it. All of our trees are facing west. But I will say I love how a candle flickers in our home! So pretty.
I live in my sweaters and hats this time of year. I think people may forget I do have some curves... and hair. Whatever. I must be old, because I am more interested in comfort! I will let you borrow mine if I can borrow yours. I have one that is about 36 years old- nice huh? It looks new as it was knitted by my husband's oma, out of some invincible synthetic stuff.
Feeling good = looking good.
L - I wanted to tell you that I read your Door B post a few times yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't comment. I was at a loss for words. All I know to do it pray for you and the decisions you have in front of you. And that sounds so trite. But it is true.
I hope today has dawned hopeful for you.
That sweater just speaks of cool Autum days! Love it!
You've likely noticed my Hubby who wears shorts All Year Round! If you watch our upstairs windows you will see that at least one is open At All Times - even if there is snow or ice!
Thankfully, I love slippers and soft blankets, so it works out for us.
Looking good! Cozy too! I love my fleece sweaters this time of year and a nice pair of cozy slippers.
You are rockin' the Mr. Rogers sweater! :) When I first married my hubby, I could not BELIEVE how cold he kept the house. Now I guess I have acclimated, because now I prefer it to be a little cooler.
I am a cold weather kinda girl. I'd much rather be cold than hot and thank goodness my husband feels the same. We pretty much sleep with our ceiling fan on all year round...even when the temp. gets down to 20 below! Lately though, my feet have been quite chilly...I have a good pair of Lands' End slippers to cure that! The sun has not come out around here in 3 days!!! It is sooooo dreary...send some of that west coast sunshine this way...pleeeeeese!
I am so taking you shopping for a new sweater.
I love that sweater!!! I would so be your neighbor... lol
I live in my sweater too. So much so I found myself wearing it out last week in 70 degree weather! I'm turning into a little old lady
I'm late posting on this one but I laughted at all the comments about sweaters. My mom kept her Avon lipdew in her sweater pockets. Never mind she had at least one tube of it in every room of the house. But I do the same thing and think of her everytime I reach into my pocket and feel the dew :)
I'm way late in starting my day - and way late in reading your blog. You've been verbose. :-)
I love your sweater.
I told The Professor that if I could find the perfect sweater, that's what I'd want for Christmas. :-)
Post a Comment