I like myself.

How's that for sounding like a self-help book?!
My name is Linda and I like myself!

I consider myself a good sport, but this tag I received from Rachel has been harder than I thought! I'm suppose to tell you 3 things I like about myself. I enjoy doing the meme's, but this one is kinda like going to therapy and putting my imaginary self in the empty chair and telling her how wonderful she is! I'm not gonna be a stink. I'm gonna play along, but bear with me as I try to come up with some answers!

It is hard for me to step back and look at myself and come up with words to describe me, things I like about me, and such. It's not that I don't love how God made me. [Believe me, I've come thru that season of life already. The one where you finally get past yourself, your insecurities and your bad self-image and really get it. At least I thought I had!] Well all that aside, it's still a struggle to sit and think about what I like. I like my life, I like how I live it. How about me personally?

Alright, let's try these:



Laughter..
Originally uploaded by Harishaa





I like my sense of humor.
Someone called me witty once in my blogging and it was like a light-bulb went off in my big blogger head. What a perfect way to describe my humor. Hopefully, it's not strange or dry, just witty! In my opinion, laughter is one of the sweetest gifts God has given us. What a cool God to think of adding that into our personalities and world. By all means, if you cannot find something to laugh about each day....well then life is too serious if you ask me!

"There is ...a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:4




free hugs
Originally uploaded by dave who is jamie



I like the way God created me as being thoughtful.
I have stories and stories of times that I have opened up my mouth before letting my thoughts register completely in my brain. But one thing I have always been grateful for is the tenderness God instilled in me to think of others. Whether it is sensitive moments where someone is upset, grieving or stressed. Or seeing the needs of others that are not necessarily out spoken. Being thoughtful is a wonderful treasure in my life. Sometimes I feel like God directs my eyes that are otherwise distracted to a moment where someone has a need. I may not always say the right thing at the right moment, but at least I recognize the moment!

"Be kind and compassionate to one another..." Ephesians 4:32




Gift
Originally uploaded by gifts.corporate

I like to give.
I don't know what it is about giving. It's not like I dump my change in the Salvation Army's bucket everytime I go shopping this time of year. But there is something inside me that finds incredible joy and satisfaction in giving to someone else personally. Maybe its something simple like a card or note and maybe it's a small gift. I am really thankful for this desire God's given me to be giving to others. For me, the rewards in return is the contentment and joy I feel in blessing someone else.

"Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor." Proverbs 22:9

This post has reminded me that if I truly believe I am created in God's image, am I satisfied and like who I am? I know there is a fine line in being haughty or being humble. But this tag has reminded me that it is okay to like myself.

And at the risk of dating myself, who else remembers this one?:




Okay, I am gonna be a party pooper and not pass this along officially. If you do wanna play, I'd love to read yours. Otherwise, if you have read this post, you now must leave me a comment and tell me at least one thing you like about yourself! No doggin' me on this one, cuz I see you on my site reader!!



My thankful thought today is being grateful for who God made me to be!

20 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

hmmm, I like my sense of humour as well- someone has to.

Good list- I think you are funny, thoughtful, and your excitement over your recent giveaway was evidence of the fact that you like to give!

Colored With Memories said...

these are great!

i like that God made me a good listener...or maybe he just gave me friends that like to talk a lot!

Sara@iSass said...

Oh I am SO busted! I came like 5 minutes ago and saw you just posted, left to email you, came back to finish reading and what do I read...busted by the site reader! AH man. Ok does it count if I got tagged to and am posting tomorrow? Here's a sneak peak...I like myself too!
Even though I am so mentally challenged and bad at typing I still like myself. And I really must say I like you too! Can you move closer?

Mama2hre said...

Great list! I feel like such a copier, but I honestly need to say I love my sense of humor! Oh, AND the fact that I can't feel cold in my feet and can therefor wear flip flops in the snow!

Mari said...

I remember the God don't make junk quote too.
I like to give too - it really is more blessed to give than to receive!

One More Equals Four said...

Great post--and I am so glad you like yourself, because I have learned that it can be hard to like yourself even after you get past the junior high insecurities. It is really hard to get at what you really like about yourself. I guess for me, it would be that I am deeply loyal whether that is to my God, my friends (even the bloggy kind :))or the children entreated to me. Once you have me, you are stuck with me!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Those site readers are creepy!

I think one of the best things we can do is like ourselves. I like the way I can sit here for hours reading blogs. Seriously, I guess I like the way I can adapt to my surroundings. It took a little longer this time, but I finally like it here.

Monica said...

I'm with you. I have a good sense of humor, most of the time. Humor is all around us. Hubs and I both like to laugh a lot.

Monica said...

I'm with you. I have a good sense of humor, most of the time. Humor is all around us. Hubs and I both like to laugh a lot.

Renee said...

Great list and I agree with them all! I can tell by your writings that you have a wonderful sense of humor, are thoughtful and have a heart for giving!

Kudos to you for stepping out and bring brave today! I'll need to ponder this meme for a while before I post. :-)

Jamie said...

Those are some great qualities! I too love to give...it makes my heart happy:)

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I like that I am a good listener. Several times people have said something like, "I can't believe I just told you that," or, "You're the only person I've ever shared that with." I feel blessed that others consider me someone safe and supportive to talk to about what's really going on.

And no fair spying on me when I check your blog and fail to comment! :0

Anonymous said...

Loved this post - thanks for sharing!

What an inspiration and a great way to change my attitude on this Monday morning.

One thing I like about myself are my eyes. Not only do I like my physical eyes (green with specks) but I like the way that God has given me a gift of seeing things in different perspectives and understanding different people. It is a real blessing.

Anonymous said...

Yep, those are the first three amazing things I would use to describe you. You are pretty darn wonderful sis.

Lynn said...

Fun post....I like you too...a lot....and I'm almost sure I've called you witty...was it me?!? Well, you are.

hmm....I like that I don't hold grudges.

StephieAnne said...

Great post, and yes, that site meter thing is kind of creepy! I think you chose three wonderful things to talk about, and from the little I know of you, I certainly see them all abundantly.

Compassion for sick children... that's mine! (Ha, ha! If you read my post today, you'll see that is NOT it). Actually, I would have to say that being transparent is not a struggle for me. There are all sorts of weaknesses that go along with that, but I don't think that's the point. I tend to be very real, which can tend to encourage others to be real back in their company with me, and I like that!

Genny said...

Linda,
I loved this...any time someone loves and appreciates who they are, it makes me smile. It would be good if we all did more of this!
Genny
p.s. Thanks for your sweet comment...

Anonymous said...

This is a good idea! I think one of the qualities I like about myself is that God has given me the gift to teach--especially children. I like that about myself...huh...I really do! Thanks for making me think about that!

Penny said...

Hi, found you through Rachel's blog! I love the pictures you add to your blog!

Michelle said...

LOVE this post! And having never met you in person (on the outside of my computer) I agree 100% with your list!

one of the things i like about myself is that like you (#3) I love giving!