I'm old enough now to quit acting like a baby. Enough's enough. So I'm grabbing hold of my birthday suit, yanking it up cuz it's sagged thru the years and I'm gonna help make my day...you know, MY day (spoiled brat talking again) a blast this year.
I am so doggone excited about my first giveaway. So from that, you would think that I am easily pleased. I will be 38 in a week. No big deal if you look at the number by itself. But if you put it next to what surrounds it:
37,38,39,40
Well that changes things.
And so now that you know how old I will be, I would like to know a little bit of info about your birthdays. So when you comment on my giveaway I'd like you to tell me one or both of these things in your comment:
A memory of your best birthday ever or the best birthday gift you received.
I put together a little video to give you the rest of the info.
Just cuz I want to remind you about how young 37 looks on me, right? Oh, and when it ends...it looks like I'm an alien whose eyes are about to pop out...just to warn you ahead of time!
Also, your sweet ideas for my giveaway were great. But if I were to giveaway something that reflected me it could be a bag of reese's, a package of new granny underwear, a cheap candle from Walmart or coupons to Taco Bell! So please feel free to be a little selfish people! I'm all about pleasing you, ya know!
Happy Sunday, happy one more week and happy giveaway!!
18 comments:
Loved the look at the end of the video... yep Alien all the way. 38 - pshaw! :-)
I am a birthday brat, too. I have ruined more than one of my grown up birthdays by being a spoiled diva because I felt dissed. I am not proud of this at all.
My best birthday? So hard to say. my 18th was pretty rad. S4J threw me a surprise party and while we were there, i was telling them all about the date i had the night before. they wanted to meet him, so he came out... and he is my husband to this very day. awwww.
hope your birthday is FAB!
I need some new granny panties! size 9 please!
You look so darn cute! I did some looking and there are 2 Buca Di Beppos in your area. So the question is best birthday huh, I'm so glad you gave us time to think cause my b-days were always after thoughts in my house. HMMM. Hubby usually gets me whatever I ask for so there are no surprises. (hate them anyway.) You know what your bag of reeses is sounding really tempting.
OOH, for your giveaway...do you have something special in the area that would define where you live? Like me, I live by the MOA (Mall of America) or Prince is from here. Something like that.
I'd really like a phone call. Like from Santa, only from sweet little you!
Am I boring you or just plain creeping you out? I know I've got the one strike with the song and all. What is it about you that makes me blather on?!?
Sounds like fun! I'll be thinking about birthdays till the 26th!
My birthday has been ruined every year since my wedding. LOL. Birthdays are NOT a big deal to my husband, and he still doesn't get how BIG they are to me... so every year I think this is it, here it comes and then... notsomuch. We (I) finally aired it out this year... so come April, say a prayer!... for my husband, LOL!
BTW, I'd be all over the Reese's and Taco Bell coupons. Good stuff and don't let anyone tell you different. :o)
Blessings, Whitney
ok, you are truly very young and sweet and pretty in your video- make 38 look great. If I am honest, I have to tell you that I laughed out loud at the face at the end- to me it looked like you saw a horrible threat of attack by some boogie monster off camera. Hope you are ok! Not that I would laugh if you attacked by a monster, but you know what I mean. My best bd present? hmmm... My daughter arrived 3 days before- she was supposed to be born shortly after. My SIL will not like you if you send me granny underwear- she gives me a hard time when my big girl panties bag over the top of my pants. It makes me laugh and I hike them up just to bug her!
How about granny panties with a pattern on them??? Ya know - not white. Try not to burst with the excitement of that suggestion!! haha
I know you wanted best birthday story but I have to give you a "first" story. My first birthday after I'd met Richard. He gave me a Labrador Retriever calendar and a golf umbrella. And I still agreed to marry him 1 month after that!!! He's got other great qualities. Really.
He threw a fabulous surprise party for me this year when I turned 40.
Redemption, right? :)
My best bday was my 16th - got the keys to my own car. A red Datson 200SX with sunroof!
These days I am pretty much used to everyone forgetting my bday because I'm too proud to remind them...and really, how considerate can you expect your ex husband to be in those matters when he got you a caller ID box one year when you were still married!
Now I'm 36 so it's a relief when it slips by quietly anyway.
Happy Bday to YOU - but did you have to ruin 37 for the rest of us by looking So.Darned.HOT?!
I am rolling at the thought of you giving away granny panties and Taco Bell coupons. That would be the most memorable giveaway in history! I know whatever you come up will be great...I guess you can't go wrong with a gift card, but that is my pure selfishness talkin'. I know, I know...I am NO help.
Rob told me he loved me for the first time on my 20th birthday...I will never forget that one.
I also had a WONDERFUL friend suprise me one time at Don Pablo's with a "suprise luch" with all my friends. That was a great birthday too....
And 38 is soooo much younger than it used to be!
my 21st was a blast. Surprise party at Red Robin with Steve Weightman attending. I will never forget that birthday. Also Melanie wet her pants that night.
How about a fun pair of socks with matching granny panties.
This is easy...my bestest birthday ever was Nov. 1, 2002 when my two BFFs from OKC and their sons showed up at my house! We'd been gone from OKC exactly two weeks and I was a pitiful mess (they were too). Hubby told me to stay home to wait for a birthday delivery. Silly me, I figured it was flowers. I was talking on the phone to CO when her SON rang the doorbell. By the time I quit screaming, we were all bawling...even the big teenager RH.
Every year, I ask them if they're coming again.
For your giveaway, how about some photography of that beautiful Oregon foliage?
I'm all about the bag of Reese's and granny panties! LOL
My best birthday present came last year, for my 27th. We'd been living in our seminary apartment for about a year and a half with no dishwasher. I know, talk about spoiled right. But you know how hard hand-washing all your dishes is when you are a SAHM. It's even harder when you work and are gone all day. So last year for my bday my hubby bought me a countertop dishwasher. I must have cried for two hours. It was done with its first wash before I finished crying. That was by far my best birthday present. No jewelry or fancy trips for me, just give me something that indulges my laziness. :)
Oh you look good, Linda!
My favorite birthday was the year that John and I FINALLY got together - 23 - he finally figured out "I was the one" just a couple of days prior so it was quite magical.
At first, I thought your birthday was today and I was already thinking in my head if I have a cake mix in the cupboard to throw a cake together for you if you stop by today!
However, I do have Reeses....
My goodness, girl, I can't leave your blog for any length of time or I have all kinds of stuff to catch up on!!! Happy almost Birthday!!! Love the video.
My last birthday was a good one..Patrick whisked me off to a B&B for two nights. We were in a cute town close to my parents' house, so we could get to Adeline if I needed a baby girl fix. It was sweet....
I'm a spoiled brat too! hehee! This year we spent my bday week at the beach and I got so upset (sobbing tears) because I didn't get a gift to open up on my big day!
I'll have to think on your questions! the laundry is calling my name and I can't think straight!
LOVE the video! I need to go and watch your other one since I was near death, okay, not really, but I just didn't feel like makin' the rounds for a couple days around that stinkin' test. Anyhoo, I'll catch up with ya this afternoon!
What exactly is wrong with reese's??
The video was fun!!!
I feel the same way about birthdays!! I'm starting to grow out of it a bit, but only because I've been forced, too. Hope your day is truly great!
Post a Comment