
I feel like the last one in the group to read it.
I read half of it last night and I'm finishing the rest this morning.
I never thought I could feel so many emotions and my heart would survive.
I struggle with being able to wrap my mind around what I'm reading.
I will never feel the same way about God.
I will forever be changed.
If God is all powerful and full of love, why doesn’t He do something about the pain and evil in our world? This book answers that age old question with startling creativity and staggering clarity. By far one of the best books I have ever read. -James Ryle, Author Hippo In the Garden

18 comments:
Girl I don't want to say to much for fear you haven't gotten that far yet...
I loved the Shack! I have some favorite parts I want to share with you so if you haven't read it all stop reading this comment right now!
And if you have read the whole book here goes~ I love when God is listening to music a rap band and thinks it beautiful because he loves them although they don' know him yet!
I love when God tells Mack that they never left Missy that Jesus and Missy were good friends, WOW!
I loved that Mack got the choice to stay or go.
Oh and the part when Mack said he wished his wife could be here and God says she could have (what a testament of how we need to be open and honest in our marriage secrets are no good)
I am so glad you love this book as much as I did! I even made HD read it, he to really loved it. Great Great book!
Oh and you can read me again I fixed the problem!
I am waiting to borrow this book from my brother. Thanks for reminding me to ask him if he is done. I am looking forward to getting into it.
I ordered the book a few weeks ago and still haven't finished it...I may be the only person alive that doesn't love it...I thought I would. I really really like parts of it, but others are just too out there for me I guess :)
Thank you for the recommnedation~ I have not heard of it (looks like- I am one of the only ones who haven't) Amazon here I come~
Oh Guuuurrrrlll. Life-changing, indeed. I finished this book a few months ago and have wanted to blog about it but I am seriously still processing it and wrapping my brain around my new perception of my Savior. I can't get much more than "WOW" out when I talk about it.
I read this book a month ago and have passed it on to several people since. We all loved it, and you are right - it's life changing!
Yeah Linda! I'm so glad you read it - and I so agree. My dad finished it recently and I was so hopeful/convinced that at the end he'd be on his knees giving his life over to Jesus. I felt like, "how could he not?". But, I still think he's pragmatic about it all. Please pray for him when you think about it - since both Mom and Dad read the blog and aren't saved (from my view), I hesitate to get into much detail regarding all of that - especially when talking about his heart attack. I'd really hoped his timing of the near-death experience and his reading of that book would culminate in a "life-changing decision" -sighhhhhh
But, so glad the book impacted you as it did - what a victory for the Kingdom that this book is still at the top of the Paperbook New York Times Bestseller List - the difference it's making....wow!
I've bought it but not read it yet. We started our Bible study last week and I'm trying to study for the GRE. Ugh on the last one.
I have to make time to read it though so many have talked about it! Thanks for your prayers for my friend....I hope I get a chance to see a seed grow and bloom!!!
I KNOW!!!!!!........
I will forever leave it by my desk for a daily reminder. I feel you so deeply, maybe due to the fact that our childhoods were shaped with the similar "picture" of who God is and "how" he loves us. This blew me out of the water too!
Love you.
Oh man – now I’m the last one in the group to read it - boo hoo :-( It’s been on my bedside table for the past 2 days, untouched. My hubby read it first and all he could say was, “You’ve got to read this!” Guess I need to pick it up and start reading. That’s it . . moms taking the day off tomorrow for a "book vacation!" – fend for yourselves ;-D (wink)
I was 90th on the waiting list at the library (trying to buy fewer books), and I finished it this weekend. I'll post my thoughts soon...
From one Linda to another ... I hope you do indeed join in on the video carnival "I See What You're Saying." I so appreciate your placing the button on your page like this. It's gonna be fun!
Can you believe that I have owned this book for about a month and haven't started reading it yet?
I intended to, but then I heard some pretty nasty controversy about it and didn't know if I should...
I still think I will, though.
This has been sitting on my nightstand for at least a month and I'm excited to read it.
I'm halfway through...
Post a Comment