I still love my job. And the availability for blog fodder is never lacking. I'm learning new things and I'm learning a lot about myself. I have plenty of time to think and if I do it out loud too much I get an interesting look from the dog I'm walking now and then.
I'm learning things like;
Dogs have separation anxiety just like kids. The only bummer part is that their piles of diarrhea are much larger than a child's.
That I still do have THE weakest stomach ever.
That my gag reflexes are still operating.
That Cesar Millan rocks and I'm going to be just like him someday. -can ya hear the sarcasm-
When a cat purrs that doesn't necessarily mean it likes to be pet.
Dogs can be afraid of lightning and in that stressful dilemma will get into a pool and NOT come back out.
That I am gutsy enough to strip down to my undies and 1/2 skinny dip into said pool to retreive said doggone dog!
That (while in my underwear) my odds of not getting struck by lightning while in a pool or being seen by a neighbor is pretty good!
My need for stronger will power when it comes to beautiful, sad eyes that are prompting me for just one more treat please.
A funeral for a fish can be a hilariously "sad" event. Especially when it's just you and the dog attending. While she watches you give it a bon voyage in the toilet she probably likes to drink from.
Some people do love their dog a little too much. But if they are willing to pay me then I certainly won't judge!
That God has blessed this sweet job of mine farther than I ever expected now that I work for 2 companies and have built my clientele up already.
No matter how many dog walks I do in a day, I still cannot lose the dreaded 10 pounds that I have on my 40 by 40 list.
Dog kisses, though thoroughly disgusting and gross....are very soft, warm, and lovable.
And lastly....that you discover a lot of new things while out dog walking....like the fact that scorpions DO live in Texas:
6 comments:
You are so funny! And dedicated too - I love that you stripped down to rescue that dog! And yuck to the scorpion!
I'm sorry, but I totally wish I could've seen the undies thing...hilarious!
As far as the 10 pounds, cut out some of the meat you eat...you would be amazed!
Have a great week!
I think I might just want your job....love that list!
I am still cracking up about you 1/2 skinny dippin' - bhaaaa!! What an adventure girl! Thanks for sharing the "better" side of your job with me.
"When a cat purrs that doesn't necessarily mean it wants to be pet."
So, you've met my Moms Cat Lucy er Lucifer? LOL
Seriously, Scoripions? That is...I can't find the word I'm too grossed out to think.
Poop and undies? It sounded like a glamorous job until you brought up that part. Wow.
Scorpions? Now I'm even more intrigued by where you live. Do you live near Kemah? You know, if we meet, you could check another item off of your great 40 lists down there. ;)
Post a Comment