For Valentines that is?
1. How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?
2. What is one thing you love most about your Valentine?
3. Chocolate or flowers?
4. Do you have a memorable Valentine's Day in your past....if so, share it!
5. What is one way God has shown you His love lately?
1. We are a no-frills kinda couple. I've always said my Hubster and I somehow switched because he's the more romantic one and I would be good with a gift card to Target! Some years we go out, some years we don't. If not, I like to fix a nice special dinner for my family.
2. KIND: *Of a friendly, generous, or warm-hearted nature.* That's my Valentine!
3. You can't eat flowers and I'm all about eating!!! Especially chocolate. If it is flowers, then I {{heart}} daisies!!
4. When we were dating and engaged, my Hubster would do "Valentine's Week". He would give me a sentimental card each day leading up to Valentine's Day and I still have some of those wonderful cards. I've taken on the tradition with my 3 amigos and they have a mailbox they check each day starting on the 7th to find a surprise from me.
5. In His peace. I've needed it, especially with my dad and life in general so this overwhelming sense of calmness in my life is a gift I am most grateful for lately!


4 comments:
we are the same....take it or leave it.
he is a great father! i love that about him.
um, what about chocolate flowers? ha
chocolate all the way. Reece cups even better! i heart daisies too
i'm not really sure! isn't that awful!
He is SO patient with me! all.the.time.
1. Sometimes we go out, but really it is a day more for our kids, to show our love for them. We will get them a small gift, I will make them some fudge and they will get far too much junk food!
2. I love that my hubby is steady. I always know what to expect from him. Sometimes that drives me CRAZY, but I know I can count on him and he will never give up!
3.CHOCOLATE!!!
4. I do...but it isn't from my husband--how awful is that! We just don't get all coo coo over Valentine's Day. But I did date a guy in highschool that COVERED my house in string. I had to go all over it trying to find the end of the string to find the little treat at the end. It was really fun...and obviously memorable!
5. Lately God has showed me His love, I guess through the assurance that He is with me even when I don't FEEL Him, even when I can't see His work, or even wrap my mind around what He is doing I KNOW He is there and working and loving and holding me because He promised that in His word and He cannot be anything different than who He promised to be! He is faithful and He wants relationship!
1. Valentines is not a big holiday for us. But our tradition is for my husband to give valentines to my daughter (he always gives her chocolate roses and sends them to her at college) and I do the boys.
2. That he is perfect for me!
3. flowers. I love them.
4. right now I really can't think of one...maybe I need more coffee!
5. by encouraging me in ways I know are from Him alone.
1) We are at a stage in life that Valentines day does not hold much for us anymore.
2) i guess I would have say I love the way the stores show people what they can buy for Valentines.
The stores are beautiful.
3) flowers
4) can't think of anything.
5) Gods unfailing love and grace.
That never changes.
I don't mean to sound sour about this day but it just doesn't hold a big place in our lives.
Post a Comment