For a week or so now we have been hearing "noises" coming from our attic. I pretty much nailed down the exact area where they are coming from and it has driven me complete bonkers. Especially when I'm home alone.
Scratching.More scratching.
I have to keep music cranked up all day or the heebee jeebees just about get me. One day I got gutsy enough to pull down the ladder and slammed it back up hoping it would scare the critter off. To no avail of course. GRR. I've had several serious thoughts about putting a cat or dog up there and letting them have a field day. If it weren't too dangerous I would.
So my hero of a husband, Hubster went to the local hardware store and came home armed with a rat trap and yes, we are inhumane...poison. It breaks my heart to think of any critter suffering, but when my child gets out of bed at night cuz he can't sleep because of "the noises"...well little critter, you've had your chance to leave!
I had lunch with my sweet friend Laura the other day and she suggested it might be a squirrel. I went home convinced that is what exactly is up there in my attic. We have several ornery squirrels around our yard who taunt our dogs, climb along the gutters and jump from tree to tree. My dogs could sit outside all morning looking like this if I let them:
Well last night I heard the noise again and quickly asked Hubster to see if he could get up there close enough to see what it was. Our silly ladder creaks and the springs *ping* over and over again when you pull the daggone thing down, but he was quite the detective at trying to be quiet. I stood there in shock as I heard that scratching continue. I kept thinking "what kind of critter is up there that is not even a bit scared knowing a human is on his way up"?! The ladder was finally down, Hubster's all the way up and I am about ready to jump outta my skin!Wanna know what the noises came from?
Our water heater!

8 comments:
Your water heater?? lol, how is that happening? Maybe Santa could bring you a new one. lol
I heard scratching once in the loft area above our garage. I thought it was a mouse or racoon. It was 4 little kittens whose mother had already been hauled off to animal control.
We feed them a few days and then found them a good home
The water heater is in your attic?
I'm confused.
That picture of your dogs is hilarious! I can just "hear" their thoughts.
i'm so glad you can rest at ease now...hehe.
did you know that your comments link is white? which means it has taken me like 3 days to find it. haha!
I saw this on Facebook and was cracking up! I am so glad it was nothing ominous or stinky! Hopefully that heater is working properly?...We know all about disfunctional water heaters around here and it is NOT FUN!
That's a scary water heater!
I never would have guessed it was your water heater. Glad it wasn't any little critters!
And that is a great picture of your dogs! They look so focused:)
That's hilarious!!! SOOO much better than a rat...really.
ooooh, a hot water heater...scary!
Post a Comment