My soft & sensitive son

With D-Man *sniff* gone at preteen camp I have had a wonderful chunk of concentrated time with AJ lately. I don't get this very often...time alone this long with one of my cutie patooties. So I am thoroughly soaking it in.

I am now an expert on Batman, Webkinz, dinosaurs, Pokemon, TMNT, Phineas & Ferb, frogs and you name it! We've gone for bike rides, ate donuts at the grocery deli while playing "I Spy", walked the dogs several times, swim/swam/swum, ate at our favorite restaurant; Chick-Fil-A, and today we went to a lamo kids museum that was a total rip off...yet worth every penny to spend it with him. Tomorrow will be a torture, er I mean trip to the nearby DMV (my third attempt *BECAUSE of paperwork*) to get my Texas license...all with the motivation to finally be able to get a library card so we can get a boatload of books.

He's got quite the stories if I slow down long enough to listen and he has a hard time eating a meal, let alone taking a breath when he's on a roll on a topic he loves.

We've had a brief yet discreet-as-a-mama-can-be conversation about my hoo haas and history of breast feeding. His response at the end...IN ALL SINCERITY..."so you're like part cow and part mommy?"

Oh how I love this little man. I love how he strokes my hair. How he speaks with so much expression that his eyes are as big as they can get. I love his tender heart and how he talks about God out of the blue. I even love how he sweetly asked if I "was going to pick my zits before bed again tonight?". I love how he comes up spontaneously and hugs me and says "You're the best mom I ever had". Poor kid has no idea what he's missing...J/K! I love his quiet side. I love how he wants to see my face and eyes to talk to me (even if I'm driving). I love his patience and thoughtful and kind nature. I love that he plays and enjoys life to the fullest!

And now as I get ready to crawl in bed with him, knowing he's probably gonna sprawl his legs over me and slap in the face again tonight....I wouldn't miss this time for the world!

10 comments:

Kodi said...

The bond between a mama and her boy is so unique. I can't wait!

Sarah said...

Part cow!!! Dying at that one. Man, dontcha feel like one though while you're nursing? I sure did. Thankful those days are over, yet miss 'em all the same.

This makes me want a lil boy SO bad!

Darla said...

that is so special! sounds like he can bring out the best in you...this is a GREAT post. makes me want to go and hug my son, poor guy, i ramdomly attack him with hugs at times. hehe.

Mari said...

It's so nice to be able to have that one on one time. I absolutely love the cow comment!

One More Equals Four said...

I love it! Part cow! Isn't that how we feel sometimes! What a blessing to have such a time with him...those memories will be priceless! Here's to good luck, short lines and a lovely picture at the DMV! ☺

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

So sweet! I'm so glad you are enjoying every moment! How special!

StephieAnne said...

What a precious post! Totally relate to the joy of really relishing in that time with your boy!

Love the breast-feeding, and zit-picking comments! Ha!

And, I don't know about you, but I think "Phineas and Ferb" is hilarious!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet time with your little man. I need me some of that with mine.

You know your boy so well. And he knows you so well too, hoo haas and all!

Sara@iSass said...

Loved this post!
In the beginning I never wanted boys. I get girls, well sort of, boys are just so...boy! Then I had one, they are so much more affecttionate and concerned about us Mommy's. I mean really not a day goes by that Nick doesn't come and storke me and want to have those moments. Nina is off ruling the world with her sass, while Nick and I are bonding in a way that makes me think I'll never like any of his girlfriends because none will be good enough for this tender sweet stinkin' cute boy!!!

SoonerAggieMom said...

What a tender post ('cept the cow part)! I think God had C & D leave just so ya'll could have some precious time.

He's adorable, by the way.