...you're killin' me!Sugar ants. Tiny, tender, "innocent" ants. Where in tarnation do they come from? I'm convinced we have some sort of colony living outside our house. The fact that some small child *who's name still remains a mystery to this day* decided to throw away a gogurt wrapper in the bathroom trash can didn't help. Should be okay, right? Since it's better than leaving it in my bedroom. Oops that has happened too.
Anyways, give it an hour or two and whamo...instant feeding frenzy for the tiny army. Now one all by itself seems harmless. But when they tell their friends it is the creepiest sight that sends this mama into her own frenzy.
I have absolutely no problem with drowning, smooshing, spraying these tyrants when they are all huddled over a mound of something smelling delicious. But I don't know what in the world is wrong with me when it comes to the real way to get rid of these little menaces. We've found the miracle weapon:
It's ridiculous, but it is so hard for me to think about putting this contraption out to bait them. It's like I can hear their tiny cheers when the "goods" are brought back to the nest. Then the horrible wailing when the poison takes its affect and they scream "what is this you've brought back to destroy us".
Seriously, it's an ant. But to look at one of them all alone, wandering around the counter searching for just something little to eat...I'm such a freak that I actually have compassion for it! Thank goodness for my men. They have no fear or guilt or feelings about getting rid of something so gross and disgusting!!
To whoever said :
All Things Bright and Beautiful,
All Creatures Great and Small,
All Things Wise and Wonderful,
The Lord God Made Them All
...thanks for the guilt!!
9 comments:
I'm with you girl! Animals that are not pets belong outside......any that "break in" - ants, mice, bats - have crossed the line and I no longer have compassion on them. Ick!
Last summer we had problems with ants. They drove me crazy too.
I set out the traps and they did work wonderfully!
Happy Hunting!
I'm with Rach...once they break the barrier of the house..they signed their own death warrant!!
i havent seen any of those in forever, but i remember how bad i hated them...and i want to take the time to thank you for keeping it real here on your blog. i always know you will have a bit of real life for me when i see your posts. it's great because we don't get to see it very often these days.
like i tell my son...outside, great and fine. inside, no go! they die inside...thanks to me! that goes for any buggy creature.
we had an ant problem ALL.WINTER. LONG. you would have thought we lived on an anthill. right near the baseboards of our kitchen, right where owen drops his food. go figure. we sparyed and sprayed to get them to go away...nothing worked. finally a call to our 'bug lady' and shazam! they are gone! way to go, bug lady!
We have the little critters crawling on an outside wall of the house...front porch area.
Weird.
Aren't you clever with your "Ants Marching" at the bottom!
I dread spring every year because we always get an awful influx of ants. Nothing has ever seemed to work - my hubby sprays - but now I am going to try your magic poison.
And you totally crack me up, my sweet compassionate friend! I have to admit that I haven't really considered how the poor ants feel, but you're probably right. I usually in too big of a hurry to get rid of them. :)
Well... see ... the professor and I have a bit more of a .. um.. well... battle mind about it???
They are invaders in our castle. I don't care what drew them in - they invaded our turf...they must die.
Mwahahahahaha.
I have been known to vacuum them up. That's fun. :-) Give them a swirling, whirling little ant hill all their own and then dump it in the garbage. *L*
I'm way behind in my blogging...been playing facebook and homeschoolin' the kids. *L*
heehee! Love this post! you ant killer you! haha!
I'm the same way though, just not over bugs, hate bugs, want them dead! We had a family of skunks living under the shed a couple years ago. (babies with their momma) David took care of business and I cried and cried. I remember thinking oh, that poor momma! then there was a little one left and i felt so sorry for that thing.
Post a Comment