A new day and new hopes

Happy 2009 Bloggy friends!

Remember when it turned 2000 and that was such a HUGE deal. Here we are 9 years later and it just feels like another New Years!

Today I'm feeling a bit weary. Some part to staying up later than usual but mostly due to my body being tired and my mind still in 5th gear. I've laid there the past several nights just consumed with thoughts about my dad. Worries, what ifs and praying a lot. Today we are all getting together to spend some time w/ him. Then I will meet my siblings at the hospital friday morning. His surgery is at 11am.

I remember when my mom had cancer. She battled it off and on for 4 years. It seemed like we were asking for prayer over and over and over again. I remember feeling timid to stand up in our small wonderful church for the umpteenth time to ask my church family to pray God would heal her. So asking sweet people like you who I've never met IRL also makes me timid. I know...get over it! It boggles my mind that I would even hesitate to ask anyone to pray for me & my family! Pride no doubt has its ugly face in those thoughts I know. The body of Christ is WAAAAY bigger than my small little mind makes it out to be. And I know that praying for someone else is a gift in so many ways. So, humbly I ask you and thank you to pray for my family the next couple of days. I, for one can't describe the peace I feel knowing you sweet sisters are remembering me.

Here are the logistics again:
My dad has a cancerous tumor in his pancreas and it is located next to a very vital nerve that leads to his heart.

There are 3 ways this can go....
They will do a prob in his belly button and check things out. If there is concerns, they will not do the surgery.

They will open him up and find that the tumor is too risky to remove and conclude the surgery.

They can completely remove this nasty tumor who has caused a lot of heartache and worry.

Here are some ways I would appreciate your prayers:
Please pray for us, as the family dynamics are not all that smooth and I know my stepmom is very stressed out. And we are all invading her home today.

I know my dad is worried and upset about the whole ordeal. Please pray he has peace tomorrow. That everything goes smooth up to the surgery. And obviously during the surgery. Pray they can remove the tumor completely and this is all a success.

For my kids who are asking a lot of questions.

For my relationship with my dad. A lot of stuff goes thru a person's mind when things like this happen. There is way too much to go into and also not appropriate to post about, but I ache for my dad.

For his recovery which will be long. He is a man that does not sit still well. He's been a hard worker all his life and I know the time he needs to recover is a big concern of his.

For trust, peace, confidence and assurance in God whom I love with all my heart, soul & mind. As I watch Him work the next few days I am so blessed to have this in my heart. I can't imagine facing this w/o Him!

♥ you all,
Linda

Snow on Park Bench-Animated Pictures, Images and Photos

27 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

Come Boldly before the throne my friend! I've seen mountains crumble because of the faithful prayers of many... I've been downright shameless in asking for it; I am Honored to return the favor!!

Happy New Year; may 2009 bring total healing and complete peace to you and yours.

Blessings, Carolynn

Renee said...

Dear Lord -
You know your child's heart & her fears. I pray today that you would carry this family tightly in your loving arms through this time when they are weak. Guide the hands of the physicians and give wisdom to those who will need care for Linda's father and allow him comfort for his recovery. Amen.

sara said...

Linda, I am so honored to pray for you!!!

The prayers of many new friends is a wonderful benefit to blogging!!

Mari said...

I will be praying for you and your family.

Tiffany said...

You don't even need to ask. Consider it done, prayers are being said until, he is completely out of the woods, for each and every one of you...
Big hugs to you girlfriend...

Sara@iSass said...

I second what Carolynn said
Come BOLDLY.
I got me a LOUD voice, I can be a squeeky wheel to...
Love you girl!

SoonerAggieMom said...

I can't add much to these sweet comments except to say I'm praying for you, your family and your Dad. Don't be shy to ask for prayers of the righteous...even in bloggy land.

Love you!

linda in washougal said...

Praying and I love you.

Sarah said...

Praying, sweet friend. Praying.

Halfmoon Girl said...

2I will go before you
and will level the mountains[1];
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.

3I will give you the treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

My friend, who is praying for some big things in her life, read these verses this morning and shared them with me on a walk. I thought of them while reading your post. Thank you for sharing with us and allowing us to pray along with you. (hug) for you.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Hey, I forgot to say those verses were from Isaiah 45.

Anonymous said...

Just added you to my prayer list. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Linda!
You are so sweet! It is hard asking for prayer...I feel the same way. But that's what God wants us to do. Come together in hard times and come to His feet. Prayers are the least I can do for you since we are miles and miles away...a great big hug and a nice warm meal for your family would be my other option, if you were closer! Take care my friend...I'm thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda... I have no words other than that your daddy is in my prayers. Love ya, girl!

One More Equals Four said...

YOu have been and will continue to be in my prayers. Remember these words from Psalm 4 (I think):

I can lie down in Peace and sleep, for you alone, O God, help me dwell in safety.

He will be with you and your daddy and you can rest well knowing that! Please let me know if I can do anything more than pray!

Sending you a cyber hug!

Shelby-Grace said...

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart..." Isaiah 40:11a

This verse always reminds me that we are never far from God's heart. He is with us in the good times and the tough times too. I will be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

My whole family is praying for yours.

Colored With Memories said...

prayers going heavenward! keep us posted...

Jamie said...

I'll be praying for you and your family. Praying for that peace that passes all understanding.

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Praying.....

Beverly said...

Love you, girl. I know today will be tough - even if all goes smoothly. So just know I'll be doing my part - along with all these other wonderful readers - and we'll cover you!

StephieAnne said...

Praying for you all this morning.... and throughout this difficult day!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family. We love you guys! (((hugs)))

Amy Fox said...

Linda,
It was good to meet you on New Years Eve.

I will be praying for you.
~Amy

MelanieJoy said...

I'm praying...for all of you!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Well, it's almost 8:00 pm at my house. I've prayed for you several times today and look forward to hearing from you soon.
hugs!

One More Equals Four said...

Just thought I would check in and let you know I am thinking about ya'll tonight. Hope the surgery went well, I will continue to pray for you all!