Leaving things out in our house is a bad habit. It is as common as milk and cookies and so when I noticed the pair of pliers in the hall bathroom drawer, it came as no surprise. What I found pinched between the two blades of the pliers was.
In my investigation there were several pieces of evidence that clearly explained the crime. So as a professional F.M.I. (federal mama investigator) I carefully removed the weapon in question and began my search for the culprit.
As soon as I entered the room his expression changed. There he sat cuddled with his papa watching television. Innocence incarnate. But seeing the pliers in my hands drained all the color from his face and he gave himself up without saying a word.
My interrogation was over in minutes. And when the truth was told I could no longer contain my laughter. Hence the color returned and a smile crept over this sweet child's face.
What is it about children that they do something wrong and immediately there is blame placed back on the parents?!
Here is what the pliers held:
Hair.
Sweet, soft, brown hair.
I feel compelled to keep the culprit's identity anonymous. I'm sure he'll have enough issues when he's older and reads back thru my blog and the stories I have shared without his consent.
He is practical, I'll give him that! No scissors in the drawer? Well hey, just use the pliers!
In my findings and blame placing, the culprit's excuse for PULLING OUT HIS HAIR was simple.
"I had gone to bed the other night and felt something gooey in my hair. I know I'm not suppose to get out of bed so I snuck into the bathroom so I wouldn't get in trouble. I found the pliers and pulled out the gooey stuff stuck on the top of my head."
The kid ripped out his hair.
Now I've heard of kids cutting their hair but this is crazy! This picture does not do the crime justice. As the real amount of evidence remains on the bottom of my bathroom drawer.
And before you go placing blame on terrible parents who have obviously struck fear into a poor boy's mind. Threats, beatings, whatever. It's all not true. I'm sure he was instructed to stay in bed. He's always been a good kid. He hardly ever gets up after bedtime. But to pull out his own gooey hair...well that's punishment enough in itself. He says it didn't hurt but I'm sure the barber who cut his hair this past week thinks we are a bunch of whackos.
Ahem, don't you notice the patch of hair missing on this poor child's head. What kind of parents are you?
So, as I said before. It was punishment enough. And after a great laugh we had a nice long talk about NOT doing stuff like this ever again.
And about the difference in being ornery and not wanting to go to bed vs. having a need and calling for assistance.
I think it's time to put our stuff away around here, don't you? Heaven forbid he finds the needle nose pliers! Just the name puts fear of what thoughts could arise in this child's imaginative mind!

17 comments:
Ouch! He's tough! And - creative too!
OH NO! I don't know if I should laugh or cry! Ouch! Yet VERY creative!
Kids can be pretty amazing can't they! My boys amaze me on a daily basis! I am never surprised by the crazy things they do! At least it was his own hair and not his brothers!
Wow, amazing how they just keep giving us this great material to blog about...
And the answer to your question below...yes, you are ALL very purdy.
Sometimes I just doen't get boys. I am and was always a girlie girl. Dolls, tutus, hate dirty hands... I have a boy that must RUN everywhere. We were at some friends house and her son 8 was wrestling, always trying to wrestle. I don't get it. I'm glad I have you to come to and read about her boys so I can get an idea. Like today's lesson hide and lock away all tools and sharp objects.
chuckle chuckle. not lol, nope, that's just a chuckle. Why do boys do such weird things?
And yes, you are very purdy.
Oh ouch! He must have been desperate!
God love him! Poor little guy :( I've got 2 boys and they never cease to amaze me...one is 22 and the other is 14...the surprises...still keep coming.
Enjoy each and every moment...they grow up so fast and then it will all be memories...but...then come grandkids :) Our grandchild is...well, you guessed it...is a boy! Yikes!
Hopefully, he won't grow up to be a barber!
Aren't these the ABSOLUTE BEST DAYS?
Oh, poor little guy! You crack me up, though! :)
I've been so very afraid that Savannah is going to find the scissors and chop her hair, and now you tell me that I have to look out for pliers, too? Oh man! I can't believe he yanked his own hair out! And I loved your description of the blood draining from his face. :)
Ouch I bet that hurt! I don't think I could have done that to myself for the pain.
Love the slide show below...you guys look great and the trees in the background...wow!
I stopped by too to say thank you for your kind words on my blog today. I'm good...big hugs to you! You're a good friend.
Linda, my sweet friend, would it be completely stalker-ish to tell you that I think about you every day and that I miss you...LOL!! It's TRUE!!
I have had life going at full tilt and I have had to back off of the old box here. I hate it because I miss my friends terribly, but my family needs me.
Anyway, I'm cracking up at how kids can come up with the most crazed logic...but it is adorable!
That kid has a high pain tolerance, I must say....BTW I never once thought of blaming the parents. Kids find their own trouble in amazing ways! That said, don't leave any knives or saws laying around or he may decide to perform surgery on a hangnail in the middle of the night. (haha)
What a creative little thinker! That made me smile:)
That is so funny that you bring this up! Just when we thought are kids were old enough to be past this sort of stuff... Last week I was looking at Brayden's face and noticed his left eyebrow looked odd - yes, the middle of it was missing! I asked what had happened, and he told me that two weeks prior, while at Michele's house, he and Traig were in the bathroom. Apparently, in an effort to prove that Michele's shaving razor didn't really cut hair, Brayden demonstrated on his eyebrow. I can't even tell you how many levels of wrong that is to me, but what's really sad is that none of us hadn't even noticed it missing all this time. Oh BOYS!
oh, my goodness! And it didn't hurt? ick! It makes my head hurt just thinking about it!
Post a Comment