As a mom do you ever have those moments when something just doesn't feel right? With your kids I mean. You sense it stirring up in your heart and yet you don't have much control over it. That happened tonight. It is hard to explain but I am always thankful for this intuition God has given us as a mom. We just know it with our kids. And we should always listen to it!
We took our boys down to my huband's family's house today. All through dinner and afterwards both my hubster and I just felt like our boys were acting restless and strange. Almost nervous and awkwardness. It was so bizarre.
We kissed them goodbye and I looked in my oldest's eyes and felt that gutt feeling again. Then as we drove away we both mulled over and over again about this gutt feeling like something was not right. Sure enough we pull into our driveway and the phone rings. They are an hour south of us which isn't a quick trip, but he wanted to come home. Strangest thing.
These are their grandparents, cousins, etc. The always have a fantastic time and hate to come back to reality. And it would be easy to think we are giving in too early to his request. But as a mom, I can't ignore this gutt instinct and I always want my sons to know they can trust us and we will be there for him. We both love our extended family and know without a doubt, nothing has happened to harm them. It's just one of those moments.
So here I sit in front of my computer. Me and the dogs. No candles, no mood music, no lovie dovie. But I have so much more. Confidence in my heart that we should respond to this instinct. Amazement at the INCREDIBLE father my hubster is that he's willing and loving and kind and compassionate enough to drive another hour back to stay the night with my boys.
That means more to me than any kind of romance. There will be other times to be alone together. There won't always be these times to be there for our kids like this!
I'm so glad we listened to our gutts!
Night,
15 comments:
A parents gut instinct is usually pretty good. Your hubby is great. Driving to get kids is a better that romance!
It's so important to listen to what your spirit is saying; it sets such a great example for your children and they grow up being confident in listening to theirs! High Five each other. :o) Blessings, Whitney
I can't remeber the last time we had a romantic evening. I can't wait to hear how this little story ends. How awesome that even though they suck your brains out, they fill your heart!
Just read the update on your dad. He'll be in my prayers. Way to listen to your instincts, Linda. And, what a great daddy those kids have!
Awww...this just melts my heart. So glad your hubby went to be their hero.
Cracking up at your other post...sorry you had a rough week...BUT seriously, how could you blame the poor girls in D-man's class? I mean, they just don't come any cuter.
Linda, you are BOTH wonderful parents. You did the right thing.
Wow! What a tremendous blessing that you BOTH sensed the urgency. I hope the two of you get your "special" time anyway and soon.
I am praying for your Daddy. You read what I wrote about today and it sounds like one more thing that we have in common.
Leisl
I know exactly what you mean.
How is your Dad? Thinking of you and praying for you...
I am trying to pass on that "Go with your gut instinct" lesson to my own children. It's never too early!
..and I agree Linda, there is nothing sexier than a good father.
Praying that you two get extra lovie-dovie time this weekend.
Now that IS a romantic story. Truly. What a good dad he is...and what a fabulous mom you are.
That's weird, I thought I left a comment last night- must not have gone through. I came to find the update about your dad that you mentioned in your email- thanks for the update, will be praying that all goes well with his treatments. What a sweet hubby to drive back to be with the boys!
I loved reading your story about your sweet family and husband!
yep- I usually STICK with that gutt feeling........ALWAYS.
[[[Just stoppin by to say HI from Sarah's page VIA "life in the parsonage"! cute page!!]]]
~Candy
Sweet husband! I love love stories like that.
Oh, that's great! True, when the dads do something like that, it's more romantic than flowers, candy, music, etc.
Post a Comment