In October of '05 we came back for a time to candidate and seek if this was where we were suppose to go. I laugh every time I think back to that infamous football game between the U of O and OU. There I sat next to my sis. Oklahoma vs. Oregon. I hastily said..."whoever wins this game is the sign to where we are suppose to live". I realize not all girls watch football. I am not a number one fan of the game, but seeing it live and that incredible game...I could not help but show my support. Which team you ask? Well, I wore yellow and green only because our seats were in the Oregon section. I used to live here, I didn't want to lose my life! I chanted that Boomer Sooner in my heart though.

Despite the fact that Oregon won, in our hearts we knew we were to follow the Lord in moving
I bought a sunlamp and saw a dr. He was such a kind and gentle man. I poured my heart out. I told him everything. Every deep dark secret and walked away embarrassed, but helped. (On another visit I had come to find out that he was a member of our new church. Could not believe that one.) Here I had sat in his patient room and gave him all the dirt. He was so loving to me. He said, "if you knew how many pastor's and people in the ministry came to see me with problems/issues...you'd be amazed. And just because you are in ministry doesn't mean you can't struggle and have problems." I've gained 25lbs, lost it and gained it back again in this season I haven't enjoyed. Another lovely aspect of this battle. I have since discovered much more about my health, my struggles with it and ways to move on and gain victories in it. I figure we are all a little screwie sometimes, it's this life that is not our home. I look forward to true healing and life when I meet my Jesus face to face! And I am thankful for the knowledge and tools I have in order to be the best I can in this life. Looking back at my mom it was like a light bulb...no a STROBE light in my mind that she too dealt with this thorn. It makes me sad for her that she didn't have the tools like I do or the victory with God's help.
Buying our house and moving into this cul de sac has been a blessing in my life that I will never, ever forget or take advantage of. With the boys in school full-time now I am able to get back along side my hubster. I am definitely not the same girl who began ministry with this man. Thank the Lord! And I have no idea what the future holds for us. I do know that serving in the church will always be something I feel humbled about and know is a role that is a gift from the Lord. I'm not the one out leading Bible Studies. In fact, during the greeting time I head for the bathroom and hide until it's over. I'm an introvert and a loner. But I'm growing and learning and gaining more confidence while I'm serving. I could not imagine being in another "job". I have watched my hubster blossom and struggle and rocket and fall. He is one
amazing man. We both look back at these last 2 years and almost wipe our brow. It has been hard. But if anything, moving back has really shown the light on who we are and what God wants to do in us and thru us.
So, Lynn, there ya have it. My life-so-far story, a small example of our ministry and a lot of dirt I never thought I'd post on the web for all to see. So I guess back to my post on here about being real? This is me! And I am where I am only because of God's grace and hand in my life.
amazing man. We both look back at these last 2 years and almost wipe our brow. It has been hard. But if anything, moving back has really shown the light on who we are and what God wants to do in us and thru us.So, Lynn, there ya have it. My life-so-far story, a small example of our ministry and a lot of dirt I never thought I'd post on the web for all to see. So I guess back to my post on here about being real? This is me! And I am where I am only because of God's grace and hand in my life.
Side note: We started in the Children's Ministry together and have been there ever since. Although things have changed some that we aren't as "involved" first hand with the kids; teaching, playing, holding babies, etc. It has been a natural and wonderful progression to see my hubster grow and transition into more of a leadership/administrative role. Which is truly his gifting. It is still and always will be an honor to be a part of the spiritual nurturing for children in their realization as to who God is!

6 comments:
It's 6:30 in the morning here and when I clicked on your blog the music was so loud (our computer was turned up all the way) I have had a heart attack!!!!
We had just started a church plant for only 11 months when God called us to move. His plans are not alway our best idea but he is so faithful!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Linda - great ending - although I know it is hardly that (ending). We spent some time with Dave Mertz last night and I can only imagine from your perspective just how much worse the entire church "re-organization" has made things for you too. With things as they are now, though - I think you might be starting to feel like things have finally gotten on the right track.
Let's plan some get-togethers come January - in the deep dark pit of Oregon's winter. I have some serious Seasonal Affective Disorder issues, and although managed much better now, I can definitely say I'm a different person in the middle of January than I am in the middle of July. For as long as I remember, the calendar year has looked like a big ol' roller coaster in my head....things start rising in May leading to a full on great time through Christmas - and then we do a HUGE drop....and it stays that way until May again. Of course, being the anxious one, when you start factoring in the worry about those months coming....well, I just wish I could see the beauty in every month here.
Thanks so much for your transparency, I'd say you're exactly where God wants you!
Wow, am I ever glad I asked! Thanks for your openness, friend. God is clearly shaping you through this crazy journey of life. I've struggled with anxiety at times in my life...not something I am ready to share about on my blog. I love your heart....
I love how you've poured your heart into these posts and have been so transparent about your struggles. God is so big and so very good to us!
Now, I have to say that I love the word "screwie"!!!! I can so relate to it and I've used it a bazillion times since I read your post!!
Okay, I thought you lived in Oregon. Now I am clear. You are an encouragement to me, thank you for your transparency! I feel the same way about working with children. I think of Jesus with the children on his knee.
I didn't realize you were in Oregon! I thought you were in the midwest...bummer because you are really, really far away from me. :(
Anyway, I have really loved these posts. Your transparency has been so refreshing, so thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment