It's Happened.

As a mom, we have several of these moments. It is like time stops and our hearts well up to our throats and we fight back the big tear drops as much as we can. I had this moment happen twice today.

Once was in the Old Navy dressing room with my Ani. There he stood with a huge grin, looking at himself and the outfit he had picked out himself for school. He was lookin' mighty fine let me tell ya! But the fact that this is the first year they have really even gotten into picking out their own clothes. I know, I should be grateful...especially as a mom of boys! But it was huge for me.

The other moment was this:



The boys had their first "real" eye exam this morning and we found out Ani needs some help while reading. How does that make ya feel...horrible mommy sending him to reading camp this summer and then finding this out! Here's to better reading and a new school year with my "grown up" boys!


7 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Oh man, you don't know guilt until you are halfway through kindergarten and realize your son's eyesight is so bad they can't believe he can even see the words. Something like 20/200.... They told us that because we waited on getting "correction" we'd be lucky that "with correction" he'd ever get to 20/40 (the necessary eyesight for driving). I'm pleased to say that he sees a solid 20/30 now (phew!) - but it was a mega-downer for us as parents to go through that. For the most part, he now wears contacts - since first grade.

The glasses look good on Ani though!

Anonymous said...

Ani you look sooooo handsome and SMART!
I know that feeling EXACTLY. Remember when Ev got hers? Made me cry.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

So handsome! Love the stylin' glasses :)

MelanieJoy said...

I'm sooo sorry about the other comment...I almost didn't go there...I think you knew I was kidding around...are atleast I sure hope so!!! I think I've told you a dozen times I think you have the most handsome boys ever....I know it must be so tough at times to see them grow and so fast too. My nephew turned 5 last month and my niece turns 3 next month. I remember snuggling up to my nephew when he was just a few months old and looking at him and wondering already what his life would be when he grew up. He was watching the Olympics with his Mom last night and he said "where is she from" and his Mom explained they were from all over the world AND he said "I sure do wish I could meet her" to which Mom replied "why" he said "because she sure is pretty"!!! OMG I almost fell out myself! Let's put the brakes on them!!!!
Hope you know I was only kidding earlier...I know you are dreading school starting.
Love to you.

Genny said...

How great that you found out about your son's eyes before school though! Nothing to feel guilty about. And those glasses are darling. You have a beautiful family.

Beverly said...

What a handsome boy and so grown up with those glasses on! Let go of that guilt, momma! You are a fabulous mother. You catch the other things like open fly, boogs hanging out o' the nose, dirt under the finger nails, right???

Quick hijack - "Genny" above my comment looks just like Mary Hannon, don't ya think? Uncanny!

SoonerAggieMom said...

LOL at these comments!

Dont' feel bad, MY mom got the letter home from SCHOOL when I was in 5th grade. I remember being surprised those eighth notes in band had a flag on them. Ani looks much more stylish than I did in my "stop sign" glasses.

and yes genny=mary hannon